* Images shown are of mature plants
Sweetgum Height & Color for Tight Spaces
Why Slender Silhouette Sweetgum Trees?
Looking for fast, easy-growing shade that doesn't require a ton of space? Look no further than the Slender Silhouette Sweetgum Tree. Similar to other Sweetgum varieties, the Slender Silhouette reaches a towering mature height of nearly 60 feet...but only gets 6 feet wide.
It lives up to its name, giving you height without taking up a large amount of space. And you get classic Sweetgum shade and color, with green foliage in the warmer months and a kaleidoscope of autumnal tones in the fall, including vibrant orange, red, purple, and yellow.
Plant it as a focal point in the front or as a one-of-a-kind screen along property borders, walkways, streets, and beyond. No matter where it grows, it stands out, all while resisting deer, urban pollution, and drought. It can even thrive in coastal environments with moist soil or salty air!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Not only is our Slender Silhouette Sweetgum one of the newest introductions available, but it’s also a proven performer.
We’ve hand-selected your Sweetgum Tree and shipped it with care, healthy roots and better branching intact. That means it arrives at your doorstep ready to grow and truly thrive in your landscape.
We’ve put in the extra work...now, you reap the rewards of easy shade, unique growth, and unmatched color. Order your Slender Silhouette Sweetgum Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun per day) and well-drained soil. The Slender Silhouette Sweetgum Tree is highly adaptable, drought-resistant, and easy-to-grow in most soil types, however.
When it’s time to plant your tree, start by digging a hole that’s at least twice the width of your tree’s root ball. After placing your tree in its hole, backfill the soil, tamp down, and water to establish the root system.
If you're container planting, select a pot that's twice the width of your tree's shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes. Use organic soil mix, place your tree, and put your potted tree in a sunny location on your porch or patio.
2. Watering: Water your new Slender Silhouette regularly and deeply during its first growing season to help establishment – weekly, or more often during extreme heat. Once it has acclimated to your landscape, reduce your frequency of watering. If you’re not sure when to water and how much watering your tree needs, simply check the soil – if it’s dry down to around 2 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Slender Silhouette Sweetgum Tree with a slow-release fertilizer, before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: If you’d like to shape your tree, prune it annually. Simply avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain on the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||60 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Liquidambar styraciflua 'Slender Silhouette'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|