* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Quick-Growing Bamboo for Natural Privacy
Why Graceful Bamboo?
The Graceful Bamboo, also known as the Slender Weaver, provides a lush, green, natural privacy screen that's tall, textured and perfect for blocking out unwanted noise or unsightly views.
The Graceful Bamboo is appropriately named for its elegant, arching habit. Its tight clumps of one inch culms lead to dazzling foliage that arcs gently at the top of the branches, giving the variety its name.
This fast-growing bamboo will reach up to 25 feet tall in just two to three years, creating the ultimate privacy hedge. Plus, it’s non-invasive, cold hardy, and all-around very easy to maintain.
The Graceful Bamboo will thrive as an outdoor addition, creating an eye-catching centerpiece in your yard. It also makes a stunning container plant, ideal for accenting patios and porches. And it can even be used in indoor installations to provide lush greenery inside your home.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Because we've carefully planted and maintained your Graceful Bamboo, you can rest assured you're getting a quality, read-to-perform plant from the minute it reaches your door. With a healthy, well-developed and superior root system, you won't find this same value at other nurseries.
So, don't delay! Order your Graceful Bamboo and watch it quickly liven your landscape.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Graceful Bamboo loves sun, so for best results choose a location that provides full to partial sun. Bamboo does well in soil that contains a healthy mix of sand, silt, and clay and offers good drainage.
To plant, dig a hole with the same depth as the plant’s container and twice the width. Place the Bamboo plant gently in the hole, then backfill. Be sure to test the sturdiness of the plant once it's in the ground to make sure winds will not be able to topple it. Water generously and tamp down the surrounding soil.
2. Watering: A young Graceful Bamboo will need plenty of moisture, so water every other day for the first month. After that, check the surrounding soil about 3 inches down and only water if this area is dry. For your container-planted Bamboo, water until you see it flow from the drainage holes.
3. Fertilizing: Once your Bamboo becomes established, you should implement a regular fertilizing schedule. High-nitrogen organic fertilizer is the best choice for Bamboo. Apply once in the summer and again in the fall.
4. Pruning: To thin out the Graceful Bamboo, remove dead shoots as needed and trim horizontal stems that are outside of the desired growing area with loppers. Cut down to the preferred height you wish, pruning just above the nearest node (the distinct line, often bulging a bit, that divides the sections of the bamboo stem).
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-8 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Full to Partial Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Bambusa textilis gracilis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|