* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Sweet Addition to Any Landscape
Why Sugar Maple Trees?
Beauty, charm and strength - the Sugar Maple is a hardwood that embodies it all. Rising to large heights, the Sugar Maple expands its grace, spreading out its incomparable leaves. It's no wonder New York and Vermont have both adopted it as their state trees and Canada has adorned its national flag with the Sugar Maple's incredible leaf.
Plus, you get a show of color like no other. In fact, its autumn foliage stands out above all others in the landscape. That's when the substantial green leaves morph to rich golds, bright yellows, then a burnt orange so vivid it almost glows. The show of color ends with an unmatched deep red that will keep you looking forward to next fall.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
With a gorgeous array of brilliant colors, Sugar Maples make an exceptional roadside tree. But the best part of our Sugar Maple is that we've planted, grown and nurtured it long before shipping. Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with better long-term results in your own landscape.
You won't get the same benefits from big box stores or other nurseries. And we're here to help every step of the way...so, don't wait - get your Sugar Maple Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Tolerant of soggy soils, Sugar Maples grow nicely in any fertile soil but prefer well-draining soil. And once established, it tolerates droughts with little harm although infrequent, deep irrigation will help retain more foliage in extremely dry periods, especially in regions with hot summers.
Select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day), and dig a hole for the Maple that’s 2 to 3 times the width of your tree’s root ball and equal depth. Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Once the water has absorbed into the root ball and surrounding soil, fill the remaining soil into the planting hole. Pack firmly and water a second time.
Finally, mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away from the planting site.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Maple will require weekly watering, and as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Be sure to water correctly - light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer will be suitable. Fertilize your maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy and once a month during the summer. Discontinue before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: Prune when the leaves have fully matured. At this time, there will be less sap. Remove all dead or dying branches. Do this before you start cutting live branches; it will give you a better idea of what your tree looks like and how many of the live branches you’re going to need to cut. Decide which branches you’re going to cut before you start cutting. Look for large branches growing at narrow angles to the main trunk, branches that are rubbing others or branches that are growing inwards and crossing others.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
TOO SOON TO TELL
VERY CAREFULLY PACKAGED AND TREE ARRIVED UNDAMAGED. I PLANTED EXACTLY AS DIRECTED. MY GREATEST CONCERN IS THAT THE VIVID LEAF COLOR AS ADVERTISED OCCURS IN THE FALL.
It was better than I expected and carefully packed and arrived sooner than expected.
Nice size tree
It came safely packaged and unharmed. I am looking forward to watch it grow!
I don't know yet!! I rrecieved just a few weeks ago with no evidence of growth. It is just a stick at this point! We are headed into Winter with temps around 24 degrees. I won't know anything until next Spring!! I pray my trees will grow and flourish!!
Wait until I grow up.
Great. Just can't wait until it gets bigger.