* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
The Perfect Addition to Pollinator Gardens
Why Miss Molly Butterfly Bushes?
A botanical treat for the senses, the Miss Molly Butterfly Bush is a richly-colored star, with ruby reddish-pink flowers that are not only dazzling to the eyes...but are also intoxicatingly fragrant.
Plus, it's tall enough for you to enjoy masses of flowers at eye level without growing thin and twiggy. The foliage is dense and tidy, which gives Miss Molly a compact look that's perfect for planting in borders, focal points in your flower beds, or even in a pot on your patio.
And it attracts graceful butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees, so it's ideal for your very own pollinator garden.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
This Butterfly Bush is highly adaptable and will tolerate most growing conditions, including clay and sandy soils. It's a drought-tolerant plant that requires little water once established. That means there's no guesswork for you.
But the best part is we’ve nurtured your Miss Molly since day one. We’ve planted and grown each Butterfly Bush so that you get proven performance once it arrives at your door.
Your Miss Molly Butterfly Bush will give you year after year of enjoyment. Get your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily. However, they can still do well in a partially shaded spot. This still means they would still need at least 2 to 4 hours of direct morning sunlight and they can tolerate afternoon shade.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Back fill with a mixture of native soil and compost. These plants like rich soil so you can use a 50/50 mixture of compost and native soil to add additional nutrients. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. Tamp the soil well when done.
Water well when done and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you are dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterward.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. You can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping, during the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia x 'Miss Molly'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Wonderful Memorial Gift
We ordered this bush as a memorial gift for the recent passing of a good friend's father. They absolutely loved the bush and planted it right away. We felt this was a perfect gift that would give the recipients many wonderful years of memories of their loved one.
Good Molly Butterfly Bush
Very good. We love it.
Well rooted. Still winter in the mountains, looking forward to butterflies.
Beautiful and hardy
I don’t have really great soil with the bushes are doing great. I’m getting a little bit of blooming even this late in the season. I’m really looking forward to next year and all the butterflies.
Beautiful and hardy
I don’t have the greatest soil. I have five butterfly bushes and they are all doing great. Even this late in the season I’m getting a little bit of flowering. I can hardly wait till next summer and all the butterflies.