* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Low-Maintenance and Bursting with Fall Color
Get consistent color, without the hard work. Autumn Joy Sedum delivers rich color and texture, summer through fall, without the fuss of more delicate perennials.
This Sedum emerges in late spring, gracing garden beds with a bright green color and rich succulent look. As the season progresses, the plant forms dense bud clusters, finally bursting with color as summer comes to a close.
Flower heads emerge a pale blush color, transitioning to a deep, rosy russet in early fall. But the Autumn Joy Sedum's benefits don't stop there - when the stalks dry in winter, you can leave them intact until spring, for a pop of color and texture year-round. The Autumn Joy Sedum is perfect for rock gardens or mixed borders, or even patio containers.
While other perennials are winding down for the season, Autumn Joy Sedum is just getting started - perfect for four-season gardens. And its flowers are great for cut flower arrangements or for drying and arranging - make bouquets for your home or share with a friend!
• Rich color- summer through fall
• Attracts butterflies and honeybees
• Great for cut flower arrangements
• Perfect for borders and containers
Planting & Care
1. Planting: In the garden, till the soil in your desired planting area, wet it, and place your Autumn Joy Sedum. Water after planting. In a pot, you need to cover only half the soil surface with your Autumn Joy - it will fill in and even grow over the sides in a few months.
2. Watering: Water your Autumn Joy Sedum after planting, and regularly during the first growing season to establish. Avoid excess moisture in winter. Natural rainfall will take care of the rest.
3. Pruning and care: Fertilize in spring, and clip spent flowers to promote blooming. Remove old, faded foliage before new leaves emerge in spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||18-24 in.|
|Mature Width:||18-24 in.|
|Botanical Name:||Sedum spectabile 'Autumn Joy'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- season interest
I planted it in my flowerbed and it looks beautiful - Like the one in the picture. Some of the stems came off in planting - but I planted them in other places in my yard. I have had experience with this plant - and know they grow roots from the stems. I love this plant!
Looks good this shipment
Very hardy plant
I have about 17 of this sedum. Always performs well. I Have divided them and given to others many times. A hardy plant. They look beautiful when in bloom. Even early summer they fill in gardens nicely. Keeps a uniform shape. Highly recommend! Very easy to care for.
One of my favs in the garden. Tough as nails. Doesn't like fertilizer, can adapt to crumby soil and does not need to be babied. 4 season interest is what I love about this plant. Everyone should have one.