* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Thuja occidentalis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Soft, Fragrant Evergreen That's Tough and Timeless
Why Thuja ‘Techny’ Trees?
Known for its robust strength and good looks to match, the Thuja 'Techny' Tree is second to none. Compared to similar arborvitaes, the Thuja Techny stands up extremely well to temperature extremes, drought, and air pollution.
And it’s adaptable to any soil type, as well as resistant to pests and diseases. Simply protect the Thuja Cold Hardy Techny’s branches from heavy snow buildup, provide adequate moisture, and watch it grow. You’ll be making a solid investment in an arborvitae variety that can take abuse from Mother Nature and stay strong.
So, screening out neighbors, noise, wind, dust, and snow with the Thuja Techny is easy. When you plant multiple Thuja Techny Trees in a row, you’ll have a lush, living fence that will be incredibly dense and can quickly shield unwanted noise, neighbors and even wind.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you'll have this tree for life. Our Thuja Techny has an exceptionally firm and extensive root system because we’ve planted and grown it at our nursery before shipping it to your door. Now, with optimal care, you can expect your Thuja Techny to survive more than 100 years!
And compared to similar varieties, our mature Thuja Technys have better color retention. You’ll see its color darken from light green to dark green, but our Techny will never bronze. That means you’ll get the benefits of looks, strength, longevity and more with our Thuja Techny – order yours now!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Thuja ‘Techny’ grows best in USDA plant hardiness zones 3 to 8. It is a popular shrub to grow as a single specimen, border shrub, or as a hedge. First, we recommend planting the Thuja ‘Techny’ in the spring or summer months to allow the conifer bush ample time to establish its root system before winter.
Then, choose a planting location in full sun or partial shade (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). The Thuja ‘Techny’ thrives in loam or sandy loam soil that is well-draining. However, the shrub can tolerate alkaline soil. It also withstands maritime climate conditions.
Dig a hole twice the diameter of the shrub’s root system. Spread the shrub’s roots gently out in the hole. Fill the hole in with a mixture of soil and organic matter such as compost. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Tamp the soil down around the shrub’s roots to remove any air pockets.
Spread a three-inch layer of mulch such as bark chips, pine needles, or peat moss beneath the shrub to help the soil retain water and also keep weeds away from the shrub.
2. Watering: Keep the soil moist but not overly waterlogged around the Thuja ‘Techny’ to encourage growth. During the hotter months, you should water once a week unless you have received any rain. After the summer season, your normal rainfall should be sufficient unless there is an extended period of drought.
3. Fertilizing: The Thuja ‘Techny’ benefits from an annual springtime application of general-purpose, balanced lawn fertilizer. Follow the instructions on the fertilizer for application ratios.
4. Pruning: To keep the shrub tidy and help create a hedge, the Thuja ‘Techny’ benefits from shearing in the late winter to early spring months. Generally, the shrub is pruned so that the bottom half of the bush is slightly wider than the top half. Such a bell shape allows sunlight to adequately reach the bottom branches of the conifer and encourages more uniform growth habits.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
They came very well wrapped and hydrated. The size was as I expected based on the description.
It is a beautiful little tree. I think I'm gonna love it!
Trees were in excellent condition and went into theground next day! Expediant delivery with excellent packaging and care.
Great experience. Trees artived packaged perfectly and in great healthy shape.
So far so good. They have been in the ground about 2 weeks now and look great will probably order 3 more