* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Christmas Palm CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant your Christmas Palm in an area that receives full sun (6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day).
Watering Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
Fertilizing If necessary, use a palm-specific fertilizer for your Palm. Slow-release fertilizer is best to allow the smaller root system to uptake what it needs. Apply close to the base and start in spring/follow specific fertilizer instructions.
The Top Palm for Container Growing
Vibrant tropical flair, right in your own backyard. With multi-trunk Christmas Palms planted in your landscape, you can walk out the door to find paradise.
Place yours in a container and bring it inside for the perfect accent piece, or place it on the porch or patio. They are perfect for tight, compact spaces, including areas near sidewalks and driveways. This is the palm that won’t take over or outgrow the area.
However, their crowns are large enough to create relaxing areas of shade beneath them. They can be strategically placed to create shade by the pool, in the yard, or driveway to provide cool relief from the heat.
Best of all, Christmas Palms are incredibly low-maintenance and don’t require a lot of attention. All you have to decide is where your Christmas Palms will look best. Before you know it, you'll have mature, elegant palm trees in your yard or home, making a beautiful statement.
At the top of every Christmas Palm, you will find a lush green crown, filled with 10 to 12 arching fronds. They also have textured trunks with darker rings where older leaves used to be, giving them a unique pattern.
And in the summer, clusters of small green flowers bloom and quickly start growing into round, green fruit. In the late fall, towards December, the ornamental fruit turns a shade of scarlet red, and they look like Christmas ornaments, giving this color palm its name.
Basically, you'll have self-decorating trees that will thrive anywhere. Is there anything better? Lend a festive touch to your garden and order your own Christmas Palm today!
Looking for more palm trees to add to your collection? Check out our guide to popular types of palm trees.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location that receives a lot of sunlight (4-6+ hours daily) in colder climates but indirect sun in warmer climates. When you're ready to plant, dig your hole 2 to 3 times the width and slightly shallower than the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to backfill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. When finished, apply water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you plant in a container, select one that is 1 to 2 times larger than the pot your plant arrived in. Choose a location on the patio, backyard, or front/side of the house, providing it will receive full to partial sun.
2. Watering: Stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is drying out, go ahead and water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and then stop. If there is still moisture present, leave it be until it dries a bit more.
3. Pruning: Palms do not need much pruning except to remove damaged fronds. Be careful not to pull off any dead or damaged fronds - always remove any damaged fronds by pruning them off with a sharp pair of sterilized pruners.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for these varieties. If you prefer, you can use a balanced fertilizer such as an 8-8-8 formula for quicker growth in spring and summer.
How tall do Christmas Palm Trees grow?
Are Christmas Palms messy?
How cold-hardy are Christmas Palms?
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft Indoors
10-25 ft Outdoors
|Mature Width:||4-8 ft Indoors
5-10 ft Outdoors
|Botanical Name:||Adonidia merrillii|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 10-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 10-11 outdoors(hardy down to 40℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Christmas Palm
- Fast Growing Trees
Beautiful Palm Tree
A very large and vibrant Christmas Palm tree was sent. It is doing very well and a new frond emerged in the last week or so.
Christmas Palm is the Bomb
Ordered a 3 to 4 foot Christmas Palm. The one we received is close to if not 6 feet tall. Needless to say was super excited. The plant was received really green and healthy. Would definitely buy from fast growing trees again. Excellent experience
My Christmas Palm arrived healthy and is doing well so far. It’s been repotted and is in my sunroom. I would definitely order from Fast Growing Trees again.
Love my palm!
It was bigger than I expected and really looked good! Shipping was fast, no complaints there either . This was my 5th tree & I have been very happy with them!
Trees are great. It was delivered to the wrong house. The delivery service you use is terrible. They did this the last time too.