* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Mexican Fan Palm Tree CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant your Mexican Fan Palm in an area that receives full sun (6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day).
Watering Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
Fertilizing If necessary, use a palm-specific fertilizer for your Palm. Slow-release fertilizer is best to allow the smaller root system to uptake what it needs. Apply close to the base and start in spring/follow specific fertilizer instructions.
A Fast-Growing Tropical Beauty
Why Mexican Fan Palm Trees?
If you're looking for a tall, mature palm quickly, look no further than the Mexican Fan Palm. The Mexican Fan Palm grows up to 3 feet a year once established, delivering a tropical look to your garden in no time.
Often referred to as the Washington Palm, the Mexican Fan Palm has upright branches with leaves spread elegantly on the ends. Spread in an elegant fan silhouette with lush, light green color, the fronds of the Mexican Fan Palm catch the eye of guests and neighbors alike.
Best of all, Mexican Fan Palms are carefree, standing up to drought and tough landscape conditions with ease. Simply plant and let the sun and rainfall take care of the rest. When it comes to the Mexican Fan Palm, you won't have to lift a finger.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When you order your Mexican Fan Palm from Fast Growing Trees, you get the benefits of easy upkeep plus the promise of healthy, faster growth. We've planted, grown and shipped your Mexican Fan Palm with care...now, you reap the rewards with a better root system, fuller results, and faster growth.
These fast-growing palms sell quickly. We recommend getting yours today before they're gone...get your Mexican Fan Palm today!
Looking for more palm trees to add to your collection? Check out our guide to popular types of palm trees.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You don't have to immediately repot your plant - you'll only need to repot approximately every other year, once your Palm outgrows its shipped container or original pot. Increase the pot size by 2 inches each time you repot to accommodate new growth. Take care when repotting as there are sawtooth spines at the base of the leaves.
This palm is very adaptable and will fill the space you allow it to grow in. For in-ground planting you can expect your palm to get grow tall to 50-100 ft in ideal conditions compared to container planted palms. Choose a location keeping this eventual height in mind.
2. Watering: Mist your Palm weekly if kept indoors in addition to regular watering – this ensures that its native humid climate is simulated in your home. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
FGT Tip: If fronds begin to yellow, it could be a sign of overwatering. If you see yellowed fronds, allow time for the soil to dry before watering your plant again. Browning fronds, however, mean that your Palm is not getting enough water and needs more. Using a well draining potting mix is key in getting this balance.
3. Pruning: Simply any fronds as they turn yellow or brown. This improves the look of your plant and creates clean space for healthier green fronds to grow.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for palms. If you prefer, you can also use a balanced fertilizer, such as an 8-8-8 formula, for quicker growth in spring and summer.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||30-50 ft at 10 years
70-100 ft Mature
|Mature Width:||6-10 ft at 10 years
10-15 ft Mature
|Botanical Name:||Washingtonia robusta|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,NM|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- palm tree
IT WAS PERFECT THEY ARE PLANTED IN THEIR NEW HOME!
We will tell our friends "It's the house with the tall thin palm in front. Start looking for it when you turn down our street." Eventually it will be reality. So excited!
I ordered two of these and both are already growing and came in great condition!
Planted. Growing so far.