* Images shown are of mature plants
Lady Palm Tree CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant your Lady Palm in an area that is partially shaded (3-6 hours of direct sunlight per day).
Watering Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
Fertilizing If necessary, use a palm-specific fertilizer for your Palm. Slow-release fertilizer is best to allow the smaller root system to uptake what it needs. Apply close to the base and start in spring/follow specific fertilizer instructions.
Cleans the Air Indoors & Thrives in Low Light
Why Lady Palm Trees?
The Lady Palm is an extremely popular plant to grow indoors because it easily adapts to areas with low light and even prefers to grow in shaded areas. Unlike many other varieties, the Lady Palm doesn’t need direct sunlight to thrive and will fill any space with unique tropical beauty.
Plus, the Lady Palm has multiple trunks that lead up to lush, green, fan-shaped fronds with long, slender leaflets. Their vivid green hue replaces dull areas of the home or office with a vibrant exotic look. It's no wonder why Lady Palms are commonly found decorating lobbies, elevating bare corners and framing entryways because they are an excellent choice for accent pieces that welcome visitors with warmth.
Even better? They couldn't be easier to keep. Lady Palms are drought tolerant and heat resistant, so they’ll grow just fine on their own without constant care. In fact, they work for you, cleaning the air and filtering out pollutants.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
But the best part? We've planted, grown and shipped your Lady Palm with care, right from our nursery. There's no need to visit a big box store to get your favorite plant or lug around a heavy container in your backseat.
Now, everything you need for success, with the promise of lush, green growth, is just a click away, especially since our Lady Palm has been nurtured and is now ready to thrive in your homescape.
And unlike other retailers, we never ship bare-root...your Lady Palm arrives in nutrient-rich soil, ready to place as soon as it arrives.
But don't wait. Your Lady Palm is a vivid, versatile variety that sells out quickly...get your own Lady Palm today!
Looking for more palm trees to add to your collection? Check out our guide to popular types of palm trees.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with bright but indirect light (low light areas work well as long as the Lady Palm gets some daily sun). Then, select a container that's about twice the size of your plant's shipped container, use organic soil mix, and place your Lady Palm.
2. Watering: Stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is drying out, go ahead and water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and then stop. If there is still moisture present, leave it be until it dries a bit more.
3. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for palms. If you prefer, you can also use a balanced fertilizer, such as an 8-8-8 formula, for quicker growth in spring and summer.
4. Pruning: Palms do not need much pruning, except to remove damaged fronds. Always remove any damaged fronds by pruning them off with a sharp pair of sterilized pruners.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||5-7 ft Indoors
6-15 ft Outdoors
|Mature Width:||1-5 ft Indoors
5-10 ft Outdoors
|Botanical Name:||Rhapis Excelsa|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|