* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Versatile Shrub or Ornamental Tree
Why Wax Myrtle Trees?
If a partition or screen is your objective, then the Wax Myrtle performs flawlessly. Its dense foliage and quick-growing nature lends itself to being an excellent choice for shrubs. Plant them in a row to define your property line, or to accent your front patio.
And the Wax Myrtle's foliage and berries are pleasingly fragrant, making it a great addition to your outdoor living space. The fruit matures in the fall and remains throughout winter, attracting a multitude of birds. Plus, Myrtle is 'green' in more ways than one, as it returns nitrogen to the soil and organically repels insects.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, the easy-to-grow Wax Myrtle is deer resistant, heat and drought tolerant. Known for its adaptable nature, the Wax Myrtle will put up with moist or dry soil and even grows well in infertile soils. These plants are so trouble-free they practically take care of themselves.
But the best part is its strong history. You get rich foliage, tiny yellow-green flowers that are daintily aromatic in the spring and carefree benefits because we've nurtured our Wax Myrtles for a head start. When your Wax Myrtle arrives to your door, it's ready to grow effortlessly.
Our Wax Myrtles are grown with expert, loving care and are healthy and ready for quick shipment. Get your own Wax Myrtle today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Wax Myrtles prefer well draining, slightly acidic soils, but will adapt to just about any soil type. If you’re located near a beach, this makes for a great tree as it is tolerant to sea spray. Select a location where where it will receive full to partial sunlight (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and where the roots will not be disturbed.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root system. Tamp the soil down as you back fill the hole to cut back on any air pockets from forming. After planting, be sure to give your Wax Myrtle tree a deep watering for about 5 minutes. Mulching around the tree will help insulate the roots and keep your plant warm in the colder winter months as well.
2. Watering: Wax Myrtles do best when watered around the drip line every 10 to 14 days. As a rule of thumb, if the soil is moist 2 to 3 inches down, avoid watering your tree until it’s dry.
3. Fertilizing: Wax Myrtles generally do not require very much fertilizing. If you do fertilize, avoid anything with an excessive amount of nitrogen.
4. Pruning: When growing your Wax Myrtle as a hedge, minimal pruning is required to maintain a desired shape. Be sure to do any pruning in early spring before new growth starts. When the shrub is young, it can be trained into a tree form by choosing the largest and strongest stem (or stems if you’d prefer a multi-trunk tree) and pruning all other stems to ground level.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Myrica cerifera|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-11 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Two weeks since I planted them
Plants looked great when they were delivered but still waiting for them to start growing
Fast Growing Privacy Shrub
Planted 8 wax myrtles last Fall and in Spring there was concern a couple of them would not make it. But after fertilizing & re-mulching them along with every other day watering when there were long stretches of no rain this Spring, they are growing beautifully now. I have since purchased and 4 was myrtles for another area. Looking forward to the time when they grown together and provide a private barrier to the road. Highly recommned these bushes.
They look great. One box that had two trees showed up a bit damaged from transit and delivery but hoping the trees make it
Great, quicker delivery than expected and products are in the ground and doing well!
Received 6 Wax myrtles and all arrived in great shape and ready to plant. Got them into the ground quickly, well watered and they are doing well. We deal with deer so I’ve enclosed them so they can grow with out being eaten by the deer. Hope to see them thrive in the Spring and grow quickly .