* Images shown are of mature plants
Giant Blooms, Even in the Smallest Spaces
Why Tonto Crape Myrtle Trees?
Get the promise of huge, eye-catching blooms, no matter the size of your landscape. With the Tonto Crape Myrtle Tree, you get rich fuchsia-red flowers throughout the summer, even in tiny gardens.
It’s the perfect tree for big color in small spaces. Plus, it’s disease resistant and adaptable to nearly any soil type, so hours spent maintaining your garden are a thing of the past. It thrives on neglect, delivering vivid color from late spring to early fall, even in drought conditions.
In fact, the Tonto is more resistant to common Crape diseases than any other variety. And because it’s so healthy and vibrant, it will be one of the last trees in your garden to lose its leaves each fall.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The Tonto Crape Myrtle was bred to give you an explosion of color without the hassle of a large tree.
Our experts have hand-selected this award-winning tree so that you get results. We have nurtured and shipped your tree with care and stronger roots. Now, you get a full, beautiful form that encourages the most blooms possible.
And your new tree has a well-developed root structure that will support rapid growth.
Our larger trees are ready to deliver color as soon as the first season. Don’t wait – these healthy, well-branched Tontos are going fast. Order your Tonto Crape Myrtle today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a site with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the Tonto Crape Myrtle into the hole, ensuring it is standing straight. Backfill the soil, water to settle the roots, and apply a layer of mulch around your tree to help retain moisture.
2. Watering: Water your young tree up to three times a week during the first growing season. Once your tree is established, it will only need watering in times of extreme drought with no rainfall.
If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down. When the soil is dry here, water your Tonto Crape.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your tree in the spring before new growth begins. A light application of 5-10-5 fertilizer is best.
4. Pruning: Watch for any leaves emerging from the base of the tree and remove promptly. To promote good air circulation, thin out young trees to 3 to 4 main branches and remove any dead or twiggy branches. Prune in late winter, before new growth begins.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Lagerstroemia indica 'Tonto'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|