* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Lagerstroemia x 'JM1' PPAF|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Deep Green Foliage Meets Masses of Scarlet Blooms
Why Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle Trees?
A vibrant profusion of rich scarlet blooms emerges against deep green foliage, making the Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle a true focal point tree that transforms any landscape area.
From early summer until the first frost, the Colorama™ Scarlet Crape delights with unmatched hues and full blooms. Because it's drought-tolerant, unbelievably cold hardy, and particularly suited for smaller gardens despite delivering huge color, you'll have second-to-none beauty and the benefit of effortless growth.
The Colorama™ also matures super quickly and boasts a vigorous branching habit, so it'll transform your yard into the best on the block in no time.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Grown, nurtured, and shipped with the utmost care, your Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle Tree is expertly-cultivated and tailored for the best possible growth in your garden. Basically, you get all of the benefits of its color and fast growth without putting in any of the work.
Plus, this variety is nearly impossible to find at your local nursery or garden center.
Amazing color and full, flourishing growth await...and will be delivered directly to your door.
Deep scarlet blooms and eye-catching green foliage are just a click away – order your Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle Tree before it's gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Well-drained soil and a fun sun location are ideal for your Crape Myrtle. Simply select an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Once you’ve selected a location, dig a hole that’s about two times the size of your plant’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and tamp down to finish. Water after planting your Crape to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your Crape Myrtle thoroughly every other day for the first month. After that, scale back to once every week or week and a half.
If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check its soil. If its surrounding soil near your Crape is dry, down to about 2 or 3 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Crape Myrtle with a well-balanced fertilizer once each year, just as new growth emerges.
4. Pruning: Prune your Crape Myrtle during late winter or early spring to achieve your desired height and shape but do so carefully – no need to cut off all its branches!
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle
I ordered the 3-4 foot Colorama Crape. I ordered this particular crape because it tolerates cold weather. I give the tree 5 stars but was not totally pleased with the packing of the tree. Some branches were longer than the box so the packer had to bend the branches over to get them in the shipping container, or, the box may not have been turned upside down during shipping causing the branches to get damaged in the box. When I opened the box several branches were broken and dried out so I cut them off. Other than the broken branches, all is good. The tree is 38 inches tall in the ground. I attached a couple of pictures so you can see what you get. I live in Hanover, PA, which is zone 6.
It was packed very well. Cant wait to see what it turns into as the tree grows.
Shipping was fast, plant arrived in great condition and is thriving so far!
We are excited for our crape to grow in Montgomery PA and hope she can thrive in our climate!