* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Deep Green Foliage Meets Masses of Scarlet Blooms
Why Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle Trees?
A vibrant profusion of rich scarlet blooms emerges against deep green foliage, making the Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle a true focal point tree that transforms any landscape area.
From early summer until the first frost, the Colorama™ Scarlet Crape delights with unmatched hues and full blooms. Because it's drought-tolerant, unbelievably cold hardy, and particularly suited for smaller gardens despite delivering huge color, you'll have second-to-none beauty and the benefit of effortless growth.
The Colorama™ also matures super quickly and boasts a vigorous branching habit, so it'll transform your yard into the best on the block in no time.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Grown, nurtured, and shipped with the utmost care, your Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle Tree is expertly-cultivated and tailored for the best possible growth in your garden. Basically, you get all of the benefits of its color and fast growth without putting in any of the work.
Plus, this variety is nearly impossible to find at your local nursery or garden center.
Amazing color and full, flourishing growth await...and will be delivered directly to your door.
Deep scarlet blooms and eye-catching green foliage are just a click away – order your Colorama™ Scarlet Crape Myrtle Tree before it's gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Well-drained soil and a fun sun location are ideal for your Crape Myrtle. Simply select an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Once you’ve selected a location, dig a hole that’s about two times the size of your plant’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and tamp down to finish. Water after planting your Crape to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your Crape Myrtle thoroughly every other day for the first month. After that, scale back to once every week or week and a half.
If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check its soil. If its surrounding soil near your Crape is dry, down to about 2 or 3 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Crape Myrtle with a well-balanced fertilizer once each year, just as new growth emerges.
4. Pruning: Prune your Crape Myrtle during late winter or early spring to achieve your desired height and shape but do so carefully – no need to cut off all its branches!
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Lagerstroemia x 'JM1' PPAF|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- crepe myrtle
So far Great!
Easy to order, bought a 4-5 ‘ Crepe Myrtle. Arrived in a few days, packaging was top notch and although tree is dormant it looks great. Will keep you updated.
Waiting for it to perk. If I wasn’t an avid gardener I might have thought it was dead on arrival. Being an optimist we’ll see
Huge Colorama Scarlet Crape Myrtle
My 4-5 foot Colorama Scarlet Crape Myrtle arrived in perfect condition. Although it is currently dormant, the tree looks very healthy. The roots are encased in soil and wrapped in burlap. The tree was perfectly packaged and arrived quickly. I’m looking forward to watching the tree blossom. Very pleased with my purchase.
I love it!
Wow! This tree is gorgeous, I absolutely love it. Can’t wait until it blooms, I got the 4-5ft Scarlett crape myrtle. It seems very happy and healthy! The tree came very well packaged, I actually had to get my husbands help to get it out of the box because its pretty heavy. I Would recommend to anyone!