* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
A Range of Flavors, From Sweet to Tart!
Do you love the taste and smell of fresh citrus and want to bring that to your home? This 4-piece kit will deliver fresh lemons, limes, and oranges from your backyard (or living room!). Whether you’re in a house in the suburbs or an apartment in the city, homegrown, tangy fruit is within reach. The Citrus Tree Variety Kit includes 1 of each:
- 1-2 ft. Meyer Lemon Tree
- 1-2 ft. Persian Lime Tree
- 1-2 ft. Calamondin Orange Tree
- 1-2 ft. Navel Orange Tree
Fruit from your own citrus trees is better than what you'll get at the grocery store. The classic Meyer Lemon Tree produces fruit that's both tart and slightly sweet—unlike many other acidic lemon varieties. The Persian Lime Tree will give you seedless, lemon-sized limes that can even grow indoors.
A cross between a kumquat and a mandarin, the Calamondin Orange Tree produces delectable mini-oranges. And lastly, the Navel Orange Tree will give you the most popular type of orange—both sweet and tart, its fruit is easy to peel, too!
With limes the size of lemons and lemons that taste uniquely sweet, the Citrus Tree Variety Kit will give you the perfect combination of fruit. This kit is the ultimate gift that keeps on giving; these trees will be covered in fruit within a few years! Plus, with blooms that appear before the fruit, you’ll enjoy sweet fragrances all spring and summer.
Order your Citrus Tree Variety Kit to enjoy an array of sweet and tangy fruit from home!
Citrus Tree Variety Kit Pollination
Citrus Tree Variety Kits are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Citrus Tree Variety Kit will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your trees will get plenty of sunlight (6 to 8 hours per day is best). Sufficient sunlight is especially important if you're growing your trees indoors. Place it near a south-facing window, and supplement with a grow light if you know your tree won't receive full sun.
Citrus trees also do better in areas with high humidity, so you may need to mist the leaves regularly with water. For potted plants, you can place a tray with rocks under the plant and fill it with water. The water will evaporate and add humidity to the air around the tree.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40°F, plant your tree in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. A planter with built-in caster wheels is a good choice so it can easily be moved. Choose a pot slightly larger than the shipping pot and ensure it has plenty of drainage holes in the bottom. Plant your trees in well-draining potting soil, preferably a type recommended for citrus plants.
2. Watering: After watering (about once weekly), allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again. For potted Navel Oranges, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When ready to water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your citrus trees during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer, such as the one included with our Citrus Care Kit, once every six weeks. During the fall and winter, fertilize once every 2 to 3 months. Make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer packaging.
4. Pruning: Prune as needed to maintain your citrus tree's shape. Clip off any branches that are too long. Remove branches growing toward the trunk of the tree instead of away from it. This will maintain airflow between the branches.
5. Pollination: For indoor plants, simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. The bloom will fall off naturally and the fruit will begin to form.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||All: 8 ft. pruned|
|Mature Width:||Meyer Lemon: 3-4 ft. Persian Lime: 5-10 ft. Calamondin Orange: 5 ft. Navel Orange: 8-12 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus × meyeri 'Improved', Citrus latifolia, Citrus mitis, Citrus sinesis 'Osbeck'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AL, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Compare Similar Products
- Mature Height
- Mature Width
- Growth Rate
- All: 8 ft. pruned
- Meyer Lemon: 3-4 ft. Persian Lime: 5-10 ft. Calamondin Orange: 5 ft. Navel Orange: 8-12 ft.
- Full Sun
- 8 ft. pruned
- 3-4 ft.
- Partial to Full-Sun (Indoors near a bright window is fine)
- 10-15 ft. pruned
- 6-8 ft.
- 8 ft. pruned
- 5 ft.
- 8 ft. pruned
- 6-8 ft.
- 6-7 ft.
- 2-3 ft.