* Images shown are of mature plants
Get your Caffeine Fix from Home!
Looking for the perfect gift for the coffee or tea connoisseur in your life, or want to learn how to become your own barista? Check out our Barista Kit! It includes:
- One 1-gallon Arabica Coffee Plant
- One 2-gallon Cold-Hardy Tea Plant
- One 3-gallon Sugar Cane Plant
Harvest home-grown coffee from your very own Arabica Coffee Plant. Just pick the savory beans from the plant when they ripen, and roast them in your oven or roaster. Then, grind them into a rich brew once they're dry. The best part about the Arabica Coffee Plant is that it offers year-round growth and is very low-maintenance, so you’ll get a constant supply of caffeine with no fuss!
More of a tea lover or fancy a cuppa on rainy days? You can also grow your own premium organic tea leaves at home! The Cold Hardy Tea Plant has small, narrow leaves especially preferred for making green and black teas. In fall and winter, you'll have the added bonus of small white flowers that flaunt delicious fragrance! This tea plant is especially long-living - one plant can produce leaves for over 100 years, so you can enjoy a lifetime supply of fresh tea!
Time to sweeten the deal! Our Barista Kit also includes a Sugar Cane Plant, perfect for making your own simple syrup to sweeten your home-grown coffee and tea. The Sugar Cane Plant provides rich foliage in a variety of colors along with its sweet sap. It’s also low maintenance and easy care.
If you want to save money and craft your very own organic coffee and teas from home, this set is a must-have. Grab your Barista Kit today!
To really step up your coffee game, try making a fancy, at-home latte! It’s fun, tasty and easier than you think. Simply, brew a strong pot of coffee with your coffee beans and add milk (or substitute), preferably mixing with a milk frother, sugar from your Sugar Cane Plant, to taste, and any desired flavorings like vanilla extract, maple syrup, honey, or chocolate syrup. Stir it all up, and sip away on your new favorite morning beverage or afternoon treat!
Barista Kit Pollination
Barista Kits are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Barista Kit will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Grow your Arabica Coffee Plant in a pot indoors or out. The Cold Hardy Tea Plant makes an excellent hedge or can be potted as long as it is in a full to partial sun location. Sugar Cane Plants grow best in hot, humid and sunny climates. Plant in the ground or a pot 2-3 times larger than its current size, and bring indoors in the cooler months.
2. Watering: You can water your Arabica Coffee Plant and Cold-Hardy Tea Plant 1-2 times weekly, but the Sugar Cane may need more frequent watering as it likes its soil moist at all times.
3. Fertilizing: All three plants will benefit from frequent fertilization with a low-concentration fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Prune any low-growing branches or leaves near the base of the Arabica Coffee Plant. Prune the Cold Hardy Tea Plant if it grows over 5 feet tall in a hedge. Potted Tea Plants should be pruned yearly after the blooming season. Prune the Sugar Cane Plant if it grows too tall or the shoots start growing backwards.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Coffee arabica; Camellia sinensis var. sinensis f. macrophylla; Saccharum officinarum|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, TN, TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- dining room
- tea plant
even bigger than expected
I've had good experiences with Fast Growing Trees in the past, and this time was no exception. The Barista set of plants arrived safe and healthy. They were all much larger than I expected, so I've got an excellent start on my own Barista grove! They're on my patio now, where they'll stay until I bring them in before the cold weather. Over the winter, I'll keep them in my sunny dining room. I failed once before with a coffee and a tea plant, but I've learned more about growing them since and now I believe I'm ready to keep them happy and growing well.
Large plants, arrived in excellent shape.