* Images shown are of mature plants
A Taste of Spain, Right at Home!
Bring a taste of Spain into your home with our all-in-one Olive Kit! Not only do you get a beautiful Lecciana Olive Tree with this kit - you'll get everything else you need to start your very own olive grove.
- One 3-4 foot Lecciana Olive Tree
- Delilah Pot
- Organic Planting Mix
- Watering Can
- Tropical Care Kit
Lecciana Olives are native to Tuscany and are known not only for their fruity flavor but also their high concentration of health benefits. Our Lecciana Olive Trees can yield up to 20 pounds of crop each year, perfect for adding to salads, savory dishes, or even fresh olive oil. Lecciana Olive Trees are known for their versatility - they can grow in nearly any climate, are resistant to pests and cold, and will even grow indoors year-round!
Your Olive tree will grow faster and healthier with our winning recipe of Organic Planting Mix. With ideal ratios of perlite, vermiculite, and sphagnum peat, our Organic Planting Mix works to increase aeration and improve drainage while helping plants retain moisture, air, and vital nutrients.
Last but not least, our Tropical Care Kit works so well for olive trees that we are including it in your Olive Kit! This must-have kit includes everything you need to be successful throughout the entire growing season, and can help you see more buds and blooms on your olive trees in just a few weeks.
Get the fresh taste of Spanish Olives right at home with our Olive Kit! Grab yours today!
Curious how to harvest your olives? The Lecciana's olives are simple to pick by hand! You'll know your olives are ready for harvest by their color. During the ripening process, they transition from a light green to soft pink before finally changing to a brownish-purple shade.
Once they're picked, they're ready for the curing process - this is what makes your olives tasty! You can brine cure or water cure, but this process is important to ensure your olives aren't bitter. After you've harvested and cured your olives, it's time for snacking, dressing up salads, making olive oil and more!
Olive Starter Kit Pollination
Lecciana Olives are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Lecciana Olive will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Olive Tree in a small container, indoors or out. Once it has reached a few feet tall, move it to a permanent place to grow.
2. Watering: Water your Olive Tree when the top two inches of soil becomes dry.
3. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 to 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches.
4. Fertilizing: Use a high-nitrogen fertilizer and weed invasive growth if necessary.
5. Pollination: Lecciana Olives are wind-pollinated and self-fertile, so they will generally produce fruit on their own. However, planting with a tree of the same variety or one that blooms at the same time as your Lecciana Olive will drastically increase your yield.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-28 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20-30 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Partial Sun|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea 'Lecciana'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|