Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Gardenia jasminoides 'August Beauty'
- Does Not Ship To:
August Beauty Blooms Up to 3 Months
Why August Beauty Gardenia Trees?
Fragrant pure white blossoms, nearly 2 to 3 inches across, meet carefree growth, setting the August Beauty Gardenia apart. In fact, this no-nonsense tree will bloom for up to three months at a time, signaling the season in the most fragrant, luscious way.
Plant August Beauty in strategic places where you and your guests can enjoy it most...in transition areas (entry to a gazebo, doorways, a gate), near a deck or walk, or even in enclosed areas to capture its essence. This will allow you to enjoy the fragrance every time you pass the August Beauty Gardenia.
But most of all, you'll enjoy the easy care of this evergreen tree. Plant in full sun (more shade equals fewer flowers) and water well the first year to establish its root system. Beyond that, let it grow and show off its beauty for you year-round.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
There's nothing like the August Beauty. And when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you get the good looks of the August Gardenia plus the healthiest roots imaginable.
Other big-box retailers offer bare-root plants, which have less than a 50/50 chance of surviving in your landscape. But at our nursery, we pack and ship your August Beauty with care, roots intact inside nutrient-filled soil. The pot it arrives in is the pot it's grown in - now, you'll get color and intoxicating fragrance the very first season!
Find a spot now to plant August Beauty Gardenia for all the fragrant blossoms and easy maintenance you can dream of!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Love my Gardenias
My Gardenias arrive in good condition and were very well trimmed :)
On arrival both gardenia plants
The gardenia bushes are beautiful. I couldn’t have bought them at a green house any prettier. Thank you sharon
August Beauty Gardenias to the Pacific Northwest
Five large gardenias arrived in great condition. Planted them recently and they are doing fine.
August Beauty Gardenia
The gardenia arrived in great shape in good shipping set up. We'll see how this gardenia will behave in our weather. I'll try to update this coming spring time.
August Beauty Gardenia
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These plants can handle full sun all the way down to partial shade, depending on your location. For the Northern states, plant in full to partial sunlight (4 to 6 hours of sunlight daily). Gardeners in Southern states can place these in areas with partial sunlight to partial shade (3 to 5 hours of sunlight daily).
Dig a hole as deep as the root ball and twice the width. Loosen the soil removed from the hole so it can be used to plant the Gardenia. Place the plant in the hole and place the ground soil and planting mix around the root ball. Firmly pack the soil around the plant to help remove any air pockets. Once you are finished, deeply water your plant and mulch around it. Avoid letting the mulch touch the plant.
Gardenias do well in the ground but can also be successfully grown in containers. Place them in a well-draining container at least 1 to 2 sizes larger than the original container the plant came in. Fill in the pot space around the gardenia using an organic potting medium. Place it in a location with bright sun and ample humidity.
2. Watering: Water plants placed in the ground with one inch of water weekly, unless you have rainfall. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down.
Do the same for container-planted August Beauties - when you do water, water until you see it flowing from the drainage holes.
3. Fertilizing: Your Gardenias can be fertilized once every 3 to 4 weeks from April through November. You can use a formula like 30-10-10 or a fertilizer high in nitrogen.
4. Pruning: August Beauty Gardenias are best pruned in the summer after the plant has bloomed. Thinning out the plant helps improve the air circulation around your gardenia. You can remove any dead or broken branches from the tree. Be sure to also prune back any branches with spent flowers.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|