Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Arbequina'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Tasty Olives Plus Fast Growth
Why Arbequina Olive Trees?
The promise of fresh, healthy olives with the authentic taste of Spain. Arbequinas are popular because of their flavor, but they also have a high concentration of healthy, antioxidant-rich oils. You can get up to 20 pounds of olives each year to enjoy in your salads and add to your favorite recipes.
Plus, they grow nearly anywhere. They're seldom bothered by pests and will grow organically, no matter where you live. Even better? Arbequinas grow indoors year-round. These trees are semi-deciduous, meaning they only drop their leaves in extreme cold and tolerate 20-degree weather. Grown indoors, they'll keep their leaves throughout the winter.
You can plant them outdoors in areas with temperatures as low as 10 degrees if they're blocked from northern winds. If you're up North, place them in a container and bring them indoors during the harshest weeks of winter, moving them outdoors again during the summer months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is BetterFor starters, Arbequinas are self-pollinating, so you only need one to produce fruit, though extra trees mean an even bigger bounty. And best of all, our trees are started from branch cuttings instead of seeds, so you'll have olives several years sooner. Your tree is grown and shipped in its own container with all of its roots intact, so your tree is ready to grow quickly and fruit. We’ve done the extra work so that you can enjoy a healthful, productive tree even sooner.
Order your own Arbequina while they're still available!
Arbequina Olive Tree Pollination
Arbequina Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arbequina Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
- olive tree
The product arrived quickly and it was very well packed. I planted them the next day and so far they are doing very well.
Arbequina Olive Tree
My experience was great! The tree arrived promptly in perfect condition. The directions were clear and I planted it after a few days of leaving it in the shade. Looks good so far!
Happy with the results of our first mail order tree
I was concerned ordering a tree online that would have to be shipped, but since I could not find anything but tiny Arbequina trees near us, I took a gamble. The tree arrived quickly and was very well packaged. Once removed from the box, the tree was well over six feet and nicely trimmed in a way I believe will encourage good growth. We have had several really bad storms since I planted it, but beside breaking a couple small branches, it appears to be taking well. Excited to see how it does over the coming years.
Trees bigger than I imagined they would be and very healthy!
Another great purchase!
What a wonderful tree. I was surprised at how robust the tree was upon delivery. Still well hydrated on arrival to Texas, leaves all intact and well over 7 feet tall. Transplanted it immediately into a larger container for the cooler months and it is already showing tiny new buds. Very happy with this purchase as I have been with my orange and grapefruit trees fromFast Growing Trees.
Planting & Care
The size of the tree means it is suitable for dense planting. The Arbequina Olive Tree is also very popular with consumers given its unique flavor, which is quite peppery as well as the health benefits associated with it. Many people like to use olive oil in cooking. The Arbequina Olives change color during the ripening process, going from a light green to pink before finally becoming a brown to purple shade.
1. Planting: You should plant your Arbequina Olives in a small container. Once it has reached a few feet tall, you can move it to a permanent place to grow. Do this by digging a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place the Olive Tree inside and cover with soil.
2. Watering: Allow Olive trees to dry out a bit in between waterings, never allowing the soil to become saturated. When the soil is dry down to about the first two inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a high nitrogen fertilizer, something like a 17-6-10 timed-release formula would be perfect. And if your Arbequina Olives shows signs of weeds, simply remove the weeds and as much of the weed root system as possible.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 to 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Leave each branch at least 6 inches long, but how much longer is up to you and what will look good on your balcony or patio.
5. Pollination: Arbequina Olives are wind pollinated, and generally self-fertile. However, you will get better fruit production if you have more than one tree. Be sure to either choose two of the same variety, or if you are picking different varieties, two or more trees that bloom at the same time.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|