* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Acer platanoides 'Crimson Sentry'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Deep Purple Foliage in Summer
Why Crimson Sentry Norway Maple Trees?
The typical maple provides brilliant color in fall...but the Crimson Sentry Maple Tree does it all, showing off its beautiful purple leaves all summer. And no matter where you live, north or south, the Crimson Sentry delivers its bold, vibrant tones almost anywhere.
Plus, the Crimson's heavy, upright branching on a smaller silhouette means a full look that fits right into nearly any space. That means you won't need a huge yard to get the big impact of the Crimson Sentry. You get maroon foliage in summer and reddish-bronze tones in fall on a compact, easy-growing canopy.
It stands up to urban pollution and thrives in wet, swampy areas. So, not only is the Crimson Sentry stunning...but it's also a landscape solution for those hard-to-grow spaces in your garden.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Good luck finding the Crimson Sentry at your local big-box store or garden center.
For starters, your Crimson Sentry will adapt to a variety of soil types and growing conditions without any effort on your part. But the top benefit is that you get healthier roots and more developed growth from the beginning - since we've nurtured your tree, long before it ships out, you get better results and success in your own landscape.
Don't wait to get this eye-catching tree...the Crimson sells out fast. Claim the Crimson Sentry Maple Tree for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Though it's tolerant of soggy soils, Crimson Maples prefer well-drained areas. Once established, it tolerates droughts with little harm although infrequent, deep irrigation will help retain more foliage in extremely dry periods, especially in regions with hot summers. Select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
From there, dig a hole for your Sentry Maple that’s 2 to 3 times the width of your tree’s root ball and equal depth. Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Crimson Sentry Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Be sure to water correctly - light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new Maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer will be suitable. Fertilize your Crimson Norway Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy and once a month during the summer. Discontinue before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: When the leaves have fully matured, remove all dead or dying branches. Do this before you start cutting live branches; it will give you a better idea of what your tree looks like and how many of the live branches you’re going to need to cut.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Our new Crimson Sentry Norway Maple arrived potted and growing. New leaves are now popping out and tree looks happy! We're happy with the fast shipping and quality of nursery products. I'll never order nursery stock from any of those catalogs that come by mail in February, again.