Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 40 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 25 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer rubrum 'Cardinal Red
- Does Not Ship To:
Stunning Cardinal Reds, Even in Spring!
Why Cardinal Red™ Maple Trees?
Without a doubt, you’re going to be impressed by the breathtaking reds that the Cardinal Red™ Maple has to offer. The autumn show will dazzle you with bright red-orange and maroon colors.
And you’ll get those breathtaking fall colors early...colors that also last the entire season. But remarkably, fall isn’t the only time you’ll see stunning cardinal reds. New growth in early spring starts out red and eventually turns into deep green.
And it’s not just the reds that will impress you:
- Virtually carefree growth: No diseases or pests means no maintenance!
- Soil adaptability: Plant it in nearly any soil condition, and you’ll still get stunning reds.
- Versatility: Adaptable to zones 4 through 8, the Cardinal Red™ Maple is a great addition to any yard.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from the Cardinal's upright growth, rounded canopy, and classic maple leaf shape, it's a timeless addition to your yard because of its strong beginnings. Since we've planted, grown and nurtured your Cardinal from day one, you get a more well-developed root system and lusher long-term growth...all without any hassle on your part.
You’ll reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery and love the mesmerizing colors of spring, the peaceful shade of summer, and the breathtaking reds of autumn. Get the effortlessly elegant Cardinal Red™ Maple Tree today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Trees arrived in great shape and were generous with the height of tree. Rootballs made for easy planting.
The tree arrived on time in good shape. It was well packaged. The box incurred no damage during shipping. Planted it right away. So far so good.
This is not a mere twig of a sapling they sent a beautifully sized healthy looking tree. No transplant issues it made it through the winter fine and the leaf color is as gorgeous as in the photo.
When my trees arrived they stated the leaves would possibly be black and would fall off. Indeed that is what happened but soon after new leaves started appearing. I have planted them in my yard and they look good. I hope they make it thru the winter. I live in zone 6. I am expecting to have 3 beautiful shade trees eventually.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Cardinal Maple can be planted in any soil condition, though it naturally grows in soggy bottomlands. It can tolerate full sun or partial shade (but prefers 4 to 8 hours of sunlight daily). Plant in a hole twice as wide, though just as deep as the root ball. Mulch around the canopy, but not near the trunk, to help the tree maintain moisture. Plant your Maples with some spacing from power lines, structures, sidewalks and sewer lines.
2. Watering: Be sure to water the tree weekly in its young life to ensure proper growth. If you live in an area with frequent droughts, you may need to water weekly throughout its life.
3. Pruning: If you live in an area with windy conditions, hurricanes, ice storms, or salty air, you'll need to prune your tree in the early spring to prevent limb breakage. Prune the weakest branches, including any dead or diseased branches.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|