Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea macrophylla ‘New Wine’
- Does Not Ship To:
A Classic Hydrangea with One-of-a-Kind Color
Why New Wine Hydrangea Shrubs?
Richly-hued, deep scarlet blooms – it’s a rare color in the hydrangea world, but when it comes to our New Wine Hydrangea Shrub…it’s expected. One-of-a-kind looks plus low-maintenance care set apart the New Wine from others, especially since its upright, compact growth is adaptable to a variety of soil types and conditions.
Even better, the New Wine can vary in color, so it’s versatile too. Because it originated as a controlled cross between two beneficial varieties, the New Wine Hydrangea can be blue or red depending on the acidity of your soil. But either way, you’ll get large, attractive florets and distinct, heavy pigmentation for a truly eye-catching garden.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about the New Wine Hydrangea Shrub is that it’s a proven performer. Because it’s been planted, grown and shipped with care from our nursery, it’s ready to grow with best results in your own garden. We’ve done the extra work so that you don’t have to!
If you’re looking for a new, unique spin on an old favorite, look no further: The New Wine Hydrangea is second to none when it comes to color and care. Refresh your garden with the New Wine Hydrangea Shrub before it’s gone!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
2. Watering: Typically, you should water your New Wine Hydrangea thoroughly about once a week. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: Pruning is not necessary, but if you’d like to shape your Hydrangea, prune in late winter or early spring.
4. Fertilizer: Apply a well-balanced, time-released fertilizer once or twice in the summer.
5. Soil: To change the color of your flowers, change your soil’s pH value: Blue blooms come from soil below 5.5, while red blooms emerge when the pH is 7.0 or higher.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 4-7 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|