Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-5 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Renhy'
- Does Not Ship To:
Two-Toned Blooms in Tree Form
Why Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea Trees?
Incredible bright white, pink and deep red blooms...now in tree form. Like a sweet dessert for your garden, these flowers are irresistible. In fact, you'll find yourself (and your neighbors) staring at the gorgeous blooms that appear year after year!
And you get months of color. The blooms begin as a creamy white and then turn to an irresistible pink, finally transitioning to deep red and burgundy. Since the flowers bloom throughout the spring and summer, you'll get a rainbow of color on your tree at one time.
As the cooler months set it, the blooms still offer color. The stems can vary in color and sometimes present a bright red, making a unique contrast against the flowers for your winter landscape. When the flowering trees in other landscapes are fading, your Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea Tree will be going strong.
In fact, it's the hardiest Hydrangea available. The flowers bloom on each season's new growth, so frost and cold won't hurt this durable tree.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part? We've done the work ahead of time so that you just sit back and enjoy it.
Unlike the offerings at big-box retailers or local garden centers, your Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea Tree from Fast Growing Trees arrives with healthy, developed roots and better branching. Better branching means more blooms and more color for you.
This is an extremely popular tree. Because they are so tolerant, gorgeous and carefree, they sell quickly...so don't wait. Order your own Vanilla Strawberry Tree today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
I was a little nervous with this one. The first week after planting it did good. After that, the leaves started quickly dying on the front side. Now, a month or so later, it bounced back and is doing great. I already have lots of blooms starting and can't wait to see it in full bloom!
Great tree it is doing really well here.
Exactly as promise!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: If you live in a colder state, plant your Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea in full sun. If you live in a warmer state, plant your Hydrangea in a place that will get some afternoon shade. Make sure your soil is moist and well-drained. Amend the soil with some compost and 15-30-15 fertilizer. Plant in a hole big enough to give the root ball some room to grow. Place a layer of mulch around the edge of the trunk, covering the ground to the edge of the canopy.
2. Watering: Water your Hydrangea weekly for the first 6 months. After this time, you will only need to water your plant when you get less than 1" of rain during the week. The mulch should keep the soil moist. Never let your soil dry out completely. It may take some time to see blooms on your plant, but once you do, they will multiply rapidly.
3. Fertilizing: You can fertilize the plant every spring with a bloom encouraging fertilizer. Fertilizing too much will cause the tree to produce more leaves and fewer blooms, so be careful to only add a little bit each year.
4. Pruning: You do not need to prune your Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea, but you can if you like. Only prune in late winter or early spring after the worst frost is over. You can prune to the shape you desire.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|