Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-5 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Renhy'
- Does Not Ship To:
Two-Toned Blooms in Tree Form
Why Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea Trees?
The deliciously named Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea produces incredible, bright white, pink and deep red blooms. Like a whipped-cream topped strawberry shortcake, these flowers are irresistible to look at. You'll find yourself (and your neighbors) staring at the gorgeous blooms that appear year after year.
The flowers bloom throughout the warm months. The blooms begin as a creamy white and then turn to an irresistible pink and finally a deep red to burgundy. Since the flowers bloom throughout the Spring and Summer, you'll get all 3 colors on the plant at the same time.
Even in winter, these flowers bring visual interest to your yard. As the cooler months set it, the blooms turn an interesting parchment color. The stems can vary in color and sometimes present a bright red, making a unique contrast against the flowers. After the mesmerizing spring and summer, you'll be impressed by how the Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea still adds even more visual appeal to your landscape in the winter.
This is the most winter-hardy hydrangea. The flowers bloom on each season's new growth, so frost won't hurt this durable plant. You don't need to be jealous of warmer states' bright summer blooms. The Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea won't flourish below Zone 8, so colder states up to Zone 4 get all the benefits of this beauty.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Forget about maintenance - just enjoy the flowers. The Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea isn't finicky, so you don't have to worry about annoying upkeep. This plant simply wants to soak up the sun and show off its stunning beauty. Pruning is totally up to you with this tall growing hydrangea.
This is an extremely popular plant. People love buying multiples of these plants and creating beautiful hedges. Because they are so tolerant, gorgeous and easy to care for, they sell quickly. Don't miss your opportunity to add incredible visual appeal to your landscape. Order several today.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: If you live in a colder state, plant your Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea in full sun. If you live in a warmer state, plant your Hydrangea in a place that will get some afternoon shade. Make sure your soil is moist and well-drained. Amend the soil with some compost and 15-30-15 fertilizer. Plant in a hole big enough to give the root ball some room to grow. Place a layer of mulch around the edge of the trunk, covering the ground to the edge of the canopy.
2. Watering: Water your Hydrangea weekly for the first 6 months. After this time, you will only need to water your plant when you get less than 1" of rain during the week. The mulch should keep the soil moist. Never let your soil dry out completely. It may take some time to see blooms on your plant, but once you do, they will multiply rapidly.
3. Fertilizing: You can fertilize the plant every spring with a bloom encouraging fertilizer. Fertilizing too much will cause the tree to produce more leaves and fewer blooms, so be careful to only add a little bit each year.
4. Pruning: You do not need to prune your Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea, but you can if you like. Only prune in late winter or early spring after the worst frost is over. You can prune to the shape you desire.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99+||Free Shipping with code OCT99|