Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-18 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-7 ft.
- Shade to Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus laurocerasus
- Does Not Ship To:
The Hardiest Hedge You Can Grow!
Once established, your evergreen Schipka Cherry Laurel (Skip Laurel) will need no maintenance at all!
This gorgeous, dense evergreen can be trained as a hedge or left unclipped to show off its naturally beautiful shape…
But if you want a fast, dense screen or privacy hedge, then the Skip Laurel is the right choice.
This evergreen is hardy and resistant in every way possible…
- Drought tolerant - no need to water after it's established
- Deer resistant - not many evergreens can say that!
- Completely pest and disease free
- Tolerant of air pollution - great for cities and urban landscapes
- Adaptable to dry, poor soil - plant it anywhere
- Grows the same in shade or sun - perfect for any spot in your yard
No matter where you plant your Skip Laurel, you'll get dense, glossy evergreen foliage.
The more you plant together, the denser the foliage becomes…
Growing 2 ft. each year, you can grow an impenetrable screen or hedge in no time at all.
Or let the unclipped Skip Laurel grow naturally and get a spring show of gorgeous, white, candle-like flowers with red berries in autumn and winter.
Whether you need a fast, thick hedge for privacy, wind screening or as barrier for dust and traffic noise…
Or you just want to plant a stunning evergreen, but don't have the time for maintenance…
The Skip Laurel can do it all. Order yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- skip laurels
It was my first order from your company and I am very impressed! The ordering on the website was very simple and communication regarding status was excellent. The healthy bushy shrub arrived on the day stated and was in excellent condition so I am very pleased. Thank you!
Pleasantly surprised how well they looked out of their shipping box. I planted them just a few weeks ago but so far they’re okay. Started to look SLIGHTLY droopy so Im trying to figure if this is normal or if something is wrong. I really don’t want want them to die since they are a little pricey.
I was amazed at the quality and condition of the plants. They were expertly packed and shipped. We will definitely order again in the future. Communication was excellent. Thanks for a wonderful experience!
I was very nervous about ordering trees online. I don't know much about planting trees and the local landscapers didn't seem to know much more then I was able to look up. The site was full of details I needed to make my decision and the trees came in looking healthy. I planted them about two weeks ago and they are doing great.
the is the first time we ordered plants by mail. We are very pleased. The plants arrived exactly as indicated. They were packed very well and arrived in wonderful condition. Can't wait to get them in the ground and see how well they grow. These are much healthier looking than many of the plants at the local nurseries.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location with well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade – any area with about 4 to 6 hours of sunlight should suffice. When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s about three times the width of your plant’s root ball, and place your plant.
2. Watering: Once established, your Skip Laurel is relatively drought-tolerant, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water about once weekly or check the surrounding soil about 2 or 3 inches down.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|