* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
The Hardiest Hedge You Can Grow!
Once established, your evergreen Schipka Cherry Laurel (Skip Laurel) will need no maintenance at all!
This gorgeous, dense evergreen can be trained as a hedge or left unclipped to show off its naturally beautiful shape…
But if you want a fast, dense screen or privacy hedge, then the Skip Laurel is the right choice.
This evergreen is hardy and resistant in every way possible…
- Drought tolerant - no need to water after it's established
- Deer resistant - not many evergreens can say that!
- Tolerant of air pollution - great for cities and urban landscapes
- Adaptable to dry, poor soil - plant it anywhere
- Grows the same in shade or sun - perfect for any spot in your yard
No matter where you plant your Skip Laurel, you'll get dense, glossy evergreen foliage.
The more you plant together, the denser the foliage becomes…
Growing 2 ft. each year, you can grow an impenetrable screen or hedge in no time at all.
Or let the unclipped Skip Laurel grow naturally and get a spring show of gorgeous, white, candle-like flowers with dark berries in autumn and winter.
Whether you need a fast, thick hedge for privacy, wind screening or as barrier for dust and traffic noise…
Or you just want to plant a stunning evergreen, but don't have the time for maintenance...
Note: If your plant arrives with holes or damaged leaves, don’t be alarmed! Laurels do not like being in containers, so it is very common for this cosmetic damage to occur. Once plant your Laurel in the ground, new growth will emerge happy, healthy and hole-free. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us!
The Skip Laurel can do it all. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location with well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade – any area with about 4 to 6 hours of sunlight should suffice. When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s about three times the width of your plant’s root ball, and place your plant.
2. Watering: Once established, your Skip Laurel is relatively drought-tolerant, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water about once weekly or check the surrounding soil about 2 or 3 inches down. Generally, we recommend letting a garden hose run for about 1 to 3 minutes per week, depending on your soil.
3. Fertilizing: You'll want to use a shrub and tree fertilizer, unless a soil test shows that nutrients are low or missing. If the soil is missing or low on nutrients, use a nutrient-specific fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You may want to consider pruning if you're using Skip Laurels as a hedge; left unclipped, you'll get white, candle-like flowers with red berries in autumn and winter. To clip into a hedge, simply shear to your desired shape and height in the fall or winter.
Are Skip Laurel roots invasive?
Do Skip Laurels lose their leaves?
Are Skip Laurels toxic?
How should I space my Skip Laurel hedge?
How fast do Skip Laurels grow?
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||5-7 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Shade to Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus laurocerasus|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Compare Similar Products
- Mature Height
- Mature Width
- Growth Rate
- 10-18 ft.
- 5-7 ft.
- Shade to Full Sun
- 10-15 ft.
- 8-10 ft.
- 30 ft.
- 15 ft.
- 4-6 ft.
- 4-6 ft.
- Part Shade to Shade (hot sun burns the leaves)
- 6-8 ft.
- 8-10 ft.
- 6-8 ft.
- 5-6 ft.
- Full Sun
Customer Reviews & Photos
- skip laurels
So far so good.
Taller than expected. Full and healthy. Here's hoping they stay that way through the winter.
Deliveted Full and healthy
Easy to select and order by zones
I bought 4. Shipping was fast and bushes arrived in excellent condition. I planted them within 48 hours and they are thriving. Very happy customer.
Brilliant , love the green