Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-4 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-5 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Buxus microphylla 'Wintergreen'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, TN
Cold Hardy, Versatile Evergreen Growth
Why Wintergreen Boxwoods?
The cold hardy Wintergreen Boxwood, also known as Korean Boxwood, is an incredibly versatile shrub. It adds appeal to casual or formal landscape designs, and when grouped, Wintergreen complements most any garden and looks fantastic in decorative pots to accent a deck or patio.
Plus, it's compact and easy to shape. This evergreen, dense shrub performs like a superstar when shaped into topiary designs or even bonsai art. The slow-growing Wintergreen Boxwood typically gains only 2 to 3 inches annually, maturing to heights of about 3 feet with a 4 to 5 foot spread with little upkeep.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, our Wintergreen Boxwood is great-looking, with oval leaves that feature a finely-textured look as their bright green hues darken slightly with age. An ongoing two-tone feature of bright and dark green foliage adds depth to this ornamental shrub.
But aside from its beauty and adaptable, hassle-free growth (with pest, deer and disease resistance), it's just as easy to grow for the beginning gardener as for the novice grower. That's because we've planted, grown and nurtured it for top perks and a healthy root system. No need to visit big box...we've done the hard work at the nursery so that you get a ready-to-grow specimen that arrives right at your door.
So, enjoy the vibrant green color all year. Experiment with creating different shapes, effortlessly. Get your own Wintergreen Boxwood today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
It was great, also ordered a Cherry tree, both came together. Very easy!
The plants was delivered on time and packaged very well. The plants arrived healthy and were put into the ground immediately and watered. They are doing well except for some minor discoloration.
First boxwood purchased and I will buy more.
Have to thank you for being so responsive to my call. I ordered four of the Wintergreen shrubs but got three and one English boxwood. The lady who took my call immediately righted the error and I received another of the Wintergreen Boxwoods in a few days at no charge. Thank you. They're planted and look very happy in their new home.
Everything arrived on time and was packed well. The plants have been in the ground for a few weeks. There has been a drought here, but with religious watering everything still looks great. I am very pleased so far with the health of the plants.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your Wintergreen will receive full or partial sunlight (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). If you live in an area with high heat, they will do best with some afternoon shade and well-drained soil.
When you're ready to plant your Wintergreen, dig a hole the same depth as the root ball and twice as wide. Place the shrub upright into the hole ensuring it is straight and begin to back fill the hole, watering every couple inches to prevent air pockets from forming. Finally, to help retain moisture in the soil, apply a 2- to 3-inch deep layer of mulch around the base of the Wintergreen Boxwood, extending 12 inches past the foliage.
2. Watering: Water deeply to ensure the roots are getting adequate moisture (generally one or two waterings per week will suffice). Once the Wintergreen is established, it will need a weekly watering during periods of drought or extreme heat.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced shrub fertilizer formula such as 10-10-10 in spring, before new growth emerges for your Wintergreen
4. Pruning: Left unpruned, Wintergreens will grow into neat tufts of green naturally. However, these shrubs can be pruned into any shape - pruning should be done after the last frost for the season so that no new growth is damaged by frost.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|