* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Classic Reliability and Green Growth
Why American Boxwood Shrubs?
As American as baseball and apple pie, the American Boxwood Shrub is one of the most reliable plants you can have. For starters, you can shape it and grow it any way you like. Planted in a row, it's a spectacular foundation hedge, or you can line it in front of your porch for added privacy and year-round foliage. It responds well to pruning and can be shaped into a topiary or bonsai for deck or patio décor.
Plus, it's known for its extremely dense foliage. In fact, it can also act as a natural privacy fence. Especially since it's remains an evergreen ornamental throughout the year, with tiny pale green flowers in spring set against a bed of lovely dark green leaves that are oblong and glossy. It's a healthy specimen that performs well, even in cold temperatures.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Impervious to pests, deer, and disease resistant, the oh-so-easy American Boxwood looks good and performs well. But the best part? We've planted, grown and meticulously nurtured your American Boxwood to outperform expectations.
When it arrives to your door, shipped with care, it's ready to grow. You won't have to visit big box stores because you'll have a well-rooted, healthy American Boxwood delivered directly to your home.
We only sell plants that are healthy, well-developed and ready for planting. Order now for quick shipping of the amazing American Boxwood!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your American Boxwood will receive full or partial sunlight. If you live in an area that gets very hot, they will do best when given some afternoon shade. Well-draining soil is also a must. Then, dig a hole the same depth as the root ball and three times as wide.
Place the boxwood upright into the hole ensuring it’s straight and begin to backfill the hole, watering every couple inches to prevent air pockets from forming. To help retain moisture in the soil and deter weed growth, apply a 2- to 3-inch layer of mulch around the base of the boxwood, extending 12 inches past the foliage.
2. Watering: Water the American Boxwood deeply to ensure the roots are getting adequate moisture. The soil should stay moist but never saturated. Once it has established, it will need a weekly watering during periods of drought or extreme heat.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced shrub fertilizer formula such as 10-10-10 in spring, before the start of new growth.
4. Pruning: American Boxwoods respond well to pruning. During the first two years of growth, prune your boxwood to your desired shape before new growth in spring. In the following years, the tips of the shrub will need to be pruned to maintain its shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buxus sempervirens|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,TN|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Central Indiana
- American Boxwoods
The boxwoods arrived a few days after ordering and were in fantastic condition, ready to be planted. Very happy with the process and product (in fact, just ordered some other varieties).
Delivery was quick and items arrived well packed. In ground and looking forward to watching them grow
So far it’s still alive! Delivered as promised!
The bushes were in perfect condition when delivered. Following the instructions, I planted them to form a hedge in the future. So far, they are doing well. I hope they grow quickly!
Beautiful, full of life