* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
A Pyramidal, Versatile, Vibrant Boxwood
Why Green Mountain Boxwood?
Green Mountain Boxwood makes you think of exactly that: a verdant, vibrant mountain. With its bright green leaves, this evergreen shrub maintains its cone shape even without pruning! What’s more, it keeps its green leaves year-round in zones 5 through 9, so you can hang onto that spring feeling even in the depths of winter.
Many gardeners choose to plant the Green Mountain Boxwoods in landscapes to add variety, while others grow them in hedges or foundation plantings to add continuity. This shrub is also adaptable enough to be grown in a container.
At maturity, it'll typically stand at about five feet tall and two to three feet wide, so it can easily fit into a plethora of landscaping designs. It also grows faster than most boxwood varieties, increasing by as many as six inches a year.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Impervious to pests, deer, and disease resistant, the easy, breezy Green Mountain looks good and performs well. But the best part? We've planted, grown and meticulously nurtured your Boxwood to outperform expectations.
When it arrives to your door, shipped with care, it's ready to grow. You won't have to visit big box stores because you'll have a well-rooted, healthy Boxwood delivered directly to your home.
We only sell plants that are healthy, well-developed and ready for planting. Order now for quick shipping of the unparalleled Green Mountain Boxwood!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your Boxwood will receive full or partial sunlight. If you live in an area that gets very hot, it'll do best when given some afternoon shade. Well-draining soil is also a must. Then, dig a hole the same depth as the root ball and three times as wide.
Place the Boxwood upright into the hole, ensuring it’s straight and begin to backfill the hole, watering every couple inches to prevent air pockets from forming. To help retain moisture in the soil and deter weed growth, apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the shrub, extending 12 inches past the foliage.
2. Watering: Water your Boxwood deeply to ensure the roots are getting adequate moisture. The soil should stay moist but never saturated. Once it's established, it'll need a weekly watering during periods of drought or extreme heat.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced shrub fertilizer formula such as 10-10-10 in spring, before the start of new growth.
4. Pruning: This Boxwood responds well to pruning. During the first two years of growth, prune it to your desired shape before new growth in spring. In the following years, the tips of the shrub will need to be pruned to maintain its shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buxus x 'Green Mountain'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,TN|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Beautiful little shrubs
Very healthy shrubs delivered!
The shrubs arrived in great shape.
Plants not conical
Bad. Received 2 healthy regular boxwoods (not conical) I called customer service. Not helpful. Said plant would grow into cone shape but they are absolutely not. Do not recommend. Additionally the review won’t let me submit picture.
We're very sorry that your plants are not what you expected! When the plants are young, the branches will all grow at different rates. As the tree matures, it will grow into a conical shape that you see on the mature photos! We're reaching out privately to see how we can help!