* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Evergreen Versatility for Warm and Cold Climates
Give your garden beds an edge with the Dwarf Mugo Pine. This popular dwarf conifer is a slow-growing and broad-spreading evergreen that's perfect for rock gardens, foundation plantings, mixed groupings and more. With a compact footprint, it also makes a great specimen for growing in containers.
The Dwarf Mugo Pine can reach up to 3-5 feet tall and 6-10 feet wide, but this slow grower remains smaller in most landscapes. Its dark green needles grow stiff and upright, making it ideal for adding texture to garden beds alongside perennials or other dwarf shrubs.
Grow the Dwarf Mugo Pine in its natural, shrubby form, or carefully prune it into a neat mound, as is common in Japanese gardens - it will look great either way.
The best part? This Dwarf Mugo Pine is incredibly easy to grow. It's extremely cold hardy (down to Zone 2), but can tolerate heat and humidity up to Zone 8, too. It's low-maintenance and bird-friendly. It will stand up to cold winters with ease, maintaining its deep green foliage year-round.
If you're looking for a dwarf shrub that provides year-round interest for your garden, patio, or walkways, the Dwarf Mugo Pine is a great choice.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
We've grown and carefully nurtured our Dwarf Mugo Pines for success - so you get a happy, healthy shrub that's ready to thrive in your landscape.
Because we've put in the extra work, your Dwarf Mugo Pine will come with a healthy root system and well-developed branching, for better growth as soon as your Dwarf Mugo Pine arrives at your door.
What's not to love? Hardy and elegant, this dwarf evergreen is a must-have. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dwarf Mugo Pines prefer rich and well-draining soil. Be sure that the planting location receives full sun, which means at least 6 hours of direct sun each day.
When planting, dig a hole twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Keep the tree straight and tamp the soil down as you fill the hole to prevent any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site when finished to settle the soil, and mulch around the roots to keep grass and weeds at bay.
2. Watering: Like most other pines, the Dwarf Mugo Pine will benefit from a weekly watering schedule until it has become more established. Water deeply and regularly for the first growing season - you can reduce watering frequency once established. After it's settled, natural rainfall should suffice, although you can water more in times of heat or drought.
3. Pruning: During the dormancy period (late winter to early spring), be sure to remove any damaged, diseased or dead branches away from the tree. If needed, you can prune your Dwarf Mugo Pine into a neater, more manicured shape.
4. Fertilizing: Feed with a general-purpose, well-balanced fertilizer before new growth emerges in spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-10 Ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Pinus mugo var. pumilio|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||2-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 2-8 outdoors(hardy down to -40℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- gallon size
- customer service
I really love all my purchases from fast growing trees, always in great condition and look beautiful when planted. They are shipped very securely with no damage.
So far so good
Plant arrived in great tradition and is doing well. It is small right now and too young to prune into clustered balls. I will do this when the plant is more developed - maybe 3-4 years?
These little pines showed up in perfect condition. However I have not planted them yet as our ground is Frozen I water them about every other week they seem to be doing just fine.
Dwarf mungo pine
I wish there was a choice for a larger mungo pinr.
Dwarf Mugo Pine
Prompt delivery in very good condition