|Mature Height:||30-45 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus virginiana 'Brodie'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
A Superior Columnar Evergreen
Why Brodie Eastern Red Cedar Trees?
No other tree compares to the Brodie Eastern Red Cedar, which offers the highly sought-after qualities of the cedar in a dense, columnar evergreen form.
Because of its sleek, more compact growth habit, the Brodie fits perfectly in any space. And it's one of the hardiest and most tolerant trees on the market:
- It grows anywhere across the country, in any soil or environmental condition - cold or hot, dry or wet.
- No diseases and pests, which means no harsh chemicals or sprays.
- Little to no upkeep because of its tolerance, hardiness and resistant to diseases and pests.
You get the Brodie's light and feathery dark green foliage, densely packed in its upward-growing branches, with ease. In a small yard, one or two can stand out as specimens, and in larger yards, a row of several can act as a perfect hedge or screen. But wherever you plant your Brodies, you'll have a fuller landscape and raise your home's value.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part of your Brodie Eastern Red is the fact that it arrives at your door, ready to thrive and outlast tough conditions with ease. That's because we've planted, grown and shipped your Brodie with care. Now, you reap the rewards with a stronger, better-developed root system.
The Brodie is hard to find at local nurseries or garden centers...especially Brodies grown and nurtured for months ahead of time.
When you order from Fast Growing Trees, you can rely on strong growth for seasons to come. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Brodie Eastern Red Cedar in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight) and well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. There is no need to amend the soil.
After planting, add a layer of mulch to help the ground retain moisture. Water deeply after planting to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Watering is only necessary during dry periods, especially while it is establishing.
3. Fertilizing: You can add an organic fertilizer in the spring if you want faster growth, but it is not necessary.
4. Pruning: You can prune during the summer for shape and size, but it is not necessary for the health of the tree.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- mail order
It arrived quickly. It looks healthy and it seems to be doing fine in its location.
Yes very pleased with tree. Shipped well also.
The trees are beautiful! The quality of the trees are far better than similar ones purchased from a local nursery a couple of years ago. Wish I knew about Fast Growing Trees sooner. There were a couple damaged in shipment, but Customer Service Quickly responded with replacements.
Beautiful tree. Very happy
The cedars arrived in great condition.