* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||30-45 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus virginiana 'Brodie'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
A Superior Columnar Evergreen
Why Brodie Eastern Red Cedar Trees?
No other tree compares to the Brodie Eastern Red Cedar, which offers the highly sought-after qualities of the cedar in a dense, columnar evergreen form.
Because of its sleek, more compact growth habit, the Brodie fits perfectly in any space. And it's one of the hardiest and most tolerant trees on the market:
- It grows anywhere across the country, in any soil or environmental condition - cold or hot, dry or wet.
- No diseases and pests, which means no harsh chemicals or sprays.
- Little to no upkeep because of its tolerance, hardiness and resistant to diseases and pests.
You get the Brodie's light and feathery dark green foliage, densely packed in its upward-growing branches, with ease. In a small yard, one or two can stand out as specimens, and in larger yards, a row of several can act as a perfect hedge or screen. But wherever you plant your Brodies, you'll have a fuller landscape and raise your home's value.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part of your Brodie Eastern Red is the fact that it arrives at your door, ready to thrive and outlast tough conditions with ease. That's because we've planted, grown and shipped your Brodie with care. Now, you reap the rewards with a stronger, better-developed root system.
The Brodie is hard to find at local nurseries or garden centers...especially Brodies grown and nurtured for months ahead of time.
When you order from Fast Growing Trees, you can rely on strong growth for seasons to come. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Brodie Eastern Red Cedar in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight) and well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. There is no need to amend the soil.
After planting, add a layer of mulch to help the ground retain moisture. Water deeply after planting to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Watering is only necessary during dry periods, especially while it is establishing.
3. Fertilizing: You can add an organic fertilizer in the spring if you want faster growth, but it is not necessary.
4. Pruning: You can prune during the summer for shape and size, but it is not necessary for the health of the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- customer service
The trees arrived in a cardboard box (5 trees in a box). They were a little more sparse than I'd hoped, but overall they were in tact and ready to be planted.
What you're seeing is pretty typical for a young evergreen. They will focus more energy on growing up and then focus on branching later!
Order went well, This is the second time I have used fast growing trees and this experience was better than the first.
Shipping was fast ordered 12 trees nine of the root balls were solid three fell apart. They have been in the ground almost 2 weeks look OK so far
Tree arrived right on time to plant. Well protected in box and just the size advertised.
So far, very good! I am impressed with “fast growing trees” service, they did what they said they would. I am happy with the process and product. I over did the planting to insure the trees will flourish and except the trees to grow to the specificities described the company. Only time will tell.