* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Columnar Green Color Year-Round
Why Taylor Juniper Trees?
Thick and full, the voluminous yet manageably-sized Taylor Juniper creates the perfect screen for those who don't have enough space for oversized trees. Plus, because of its unique visual interest and rich green foliage, the Taylor Juniper is in a league of its own.
Its columnar silhouette delivers easy growth for driveway borders or height for plant beds. In fact, you can even plant in pots next to your entryway for a pop of color that greets guests and elevates your curb appeal.
Evergreen, long-lived, and deer resistant, the Juniper stands out throughout the year. From its unique foliage to its strong, sturdy growth, the Taylor Juniper is a one-of-a-kind addition to your landscape.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve planted, grown, and shipped your Taylor with an intact root system for maximum health. By the time it arrives at your door, it’s already ready to grow. And our Juniper Trees are perfect without pruning but are customizable to your desired look.
So, you’ll receive a healthy shrub with a well-developed root system, ready to plant and grow vigorously for you. Order your own Taylor Juniper Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Taylor should be planted in a sunny spot. Full sun is preferred and moist or well-drained soil. If planting a hedge, mark out a visual guide by placing stakes 5 to 6 feet apart and looping string around them. Plant the trees where the stakes are and they'll grow together to make a dense privacy screen.
Dig each hole so that it is just shallower than the root ball and at least three times the width. Organic mulches, such as wood chips or pine needles, also help to better soil structure as they decompose. Position the tree into the hole and hold it straight. Begin backfilling the hole, tamping down the soil as you fill to prevent any air pockets from forming.
Finally, water the planting site to completely settle the soil and then mulch around the base. Mulching helps retain your soil's moisture and assists with keeping competitive growth away such as weeds and grasses.
2. Watering: The Taylor is suited to most soil conditions and will happily live anywhere that is not too wet. This shrub is drought tolerant once established and should be monitored for signs of additional watering if necessary. Simply follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system - generally, watering once weekly will suffice.
3. Fertilizing: Taylors need to be fertilized every few years. It's best to fertilize early in the growing season with a well-balanced fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Pruning is only necessary to preserve a trim pyramidal shape, removing a dead branch, or if you want a more formal hedge. Height may also be managed through judicious pruning.
Evergreen Trees: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know
What are evergreens? For starters, evergreen trees typically have foliage year-round unlike deciduous trees that shed all their leaves annually. The term evergreen means that ...
Read the full article
Privacy Fence: Green Borders for a Backyard Retreat
Block out your neighbors and relax comfortably in your backyard after planting your very own privacy fence with privacy trees. A privacy fence, crafted from ...
Read the full article
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus virginiana 'Taylor'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Rerceived in great shape. Easy to plant.
So far, so good!
It was very easy to research trees, purchase and have it sent. It arrived in beautiful condition. We can’t wait to see it come to maturity. I believe it’s exactly what we need in the space where it’s planted.
Excellent, so far. Just planted them 2 weeks ago.
Come healthy just wished I’d ordered bigger little high priced for what I got
Very good experience. Everything arrived in good condition ,ready to plant.