Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Juniperus virginiana 'Taylor'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA
Columnar Green Color Year-Round
Why Taylor Juniper Trees?
Thick and full, the voluminous yet manageably-sized Taylor Juniper creates the perfect screen for those who don't have enough space for oversized trees. Plus, because of its unique visual interest and rich green foliage, the Taylor Juniper is in a league of its own.
Its columnar silhouette delivers easy growth for driveway borders or height for plant beds. In fact, you can even plant in pots next to your entryway for a pop of color that greets guests and elevates your curb appeal.
Evergreen, long-lived, and deer resistant, the Juniper stands out throughout the year. From its unique foliage to its strong, sturdy growth, the Taylor Juniper is a one-of-a-kind addition to your landscape.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve planted, grown, and shipped your Taylor with an intact root system for maximum health. By the time it arrives at your door, it’s already ready to grow. And our Juniper Trees are perfect without pruning but is customizable to your desired look.
So, you’ll receive a healthy shrub with a well-developed root system, ready to plant and grow vigorously for you. Order your own Taylor Juniper Tree today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Taylor should be planted in a sunny spot. Full sun is preferred and moist or well-drained soil. If planting a hedge, mark out a visual guide by placing stakes 5 to 6 feet apart and looping string around them. Plant the trees where the stakes are and they'll grow together to make a dense privacy screen.
Dig each hole so that it is just shallower than the root ball and at least three times the width. Organic mulches, such as wood chips or pine needles, also help to better soil structure as they decompose. Position the tree into the hole and hold it straight. Begin backfilling the hole, tamping down the soil as you fill to prevent any air pockets from forming.
Finally, water the planting site to completely settle the soil and then mulch around the base. Mulching helps retain your soil's moisture and assists with keeping competitive growth away such as weeds and grasses.
2. Watering: The Taylor is suited to most soil conditions and will happily live anywhere that is not too wet. This shrub is drought tolerant once established and should be monitored for signs of additional watering if necessary. Simply follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system - generally, watering once weekly will suffice.
3. Fertilizing: Taylors need to be fertilized every few years. It's best to fertilize early in the growing season with a well-balanced fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Pruning is only necessary to preserve a trim pyramidal shape, removing a dead branch, or if you want a more formal hedge. Height may also be managed through judicious pruning.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|