Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Juniperus Virginiana Skyrocket
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Drought-Resistant, Upright Juniper for Small Areas
Why Skyrocket Junipers?
Ideal for areas where you need no-hassle height, our Skyrocket Juniper is a versatile favorite for those who love dense greenery but don’t have much space. And since it’s drought resistant, as well as virtually maintenance-free, the Skyrocket couldn’t be easier to own.
Another perk? Its rich blue-green color. Plus, this vibrant tone remains throughout the year, without browning or fading. Even better? The Skyrocket Juniper is a plant-and-forget variety, since you’ll never have to trim, stake or prune it to keep it looking great.
Our Skyrocket is also pest-free, so you won’t to use harsh sprays. Simply plant it in the sun, and watch the amazing growth explode. It can even handle small amounts of shade throughout the day. Best of all, it’s fast-growing, claiming nearly a foot of growth or more per year. The Skyrocket Juniper is a favorite for urban gardens and spaces where a tree with a wide base is not wanted.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve planted, grown and shipped your Skyrocket Juniper with care, so you get better results once it arrives to your door. And because we’ve meticulously monitored your Skyrocket, months ahead of time, it’s a proven performer in your own homescape.
So, if you’re looking for dense, well-shaped greenery for tight spaces – no upkeep required – the Skyrocket Juniper is a must-have. Get your Skyrocket today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
So far so good, they don't exactly grow fast like the description says, but all of them are coming along fine. They are way more drought tolerant than my Arborvitaes.
Very happy with the order
sky rocket junipers
I ordered 8 skyrockets 4-5ft. all where 5ft. I feed them & keep an eye-out for bagworms-other than that they are growing a good 10inches a year-very nice trees.
Thin, tall and healthy looking
I ordered the 2-3' juniper and while it's a bit thinner than i expected it looks sturdy and healthy and is indeed 2' tall. Well packaged and shipped very quickly.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Juniper Skyrocket in a location that receives partial sun, full sun if possible, to promote faster growth. Soil preference is not an issue with this variety.
Then, dig the hole twice the width of the root ball and deep enough for the soil line around the trunk of the tree so that it sits even with the surface of the surrounding ground. Tamp the ground around the Skyrocket by hand to remove any air pockets that may have formed in the soil.
2. Watering: A thorough watering once a week will help keep the soil properly moist around your Skyrocket Juniper. Water the tree regularly for the first two years of growth (about once or twice weekly) - this will help the tree’s roots system develop and increase the tree’s drought tolerance.
3. Fertilizing: Use a granulated fertilizer specifically formulated for evergreens, and apply once in the early spring in accordance with the package directions.
4. Pruning: Though the Juniper Skyrocket can tolerate pruning, the tree actually looks best when allowed to grow and assume its natural shape.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99+||FREE SHIPPING with code SHIP99|