* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Drought-Resistant, Upright Juniper for Small Areas
Why Skyrocket Junipers?
Ideal for areas where you need no-hassle height, our upright Skyrocket Juniper is a versatile favorite for those who love dense greenery but don’t have much space. And since it’s drought resistant, as well as virtually maintenance-free, the Skyrocket couldn’t be easier to own.
Another perk? Its rich blue-green color. Plus, this vibrant tone remains throughout the year, without browning or fading. Even better? The Skyrocket Juniper is a plant-and-forget variety, since you’ll never have to trim, stake or prune it to keep it looking great.
Our Skyrocket is also pest-free, so you won’t to use harsh sprays. Simply plant it in the sun, and watch the amazing growth explode. It can even handle small amounts of shade throughout the day. Best of all, it’s fast-growing, claiming nearly a foot of growth or more per year. The Skyrocket Juniper is a favorite for urban gardens and spaces where a tree with a wide base is not wanted.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve planted, grown and shipped your Skyrocket Juniper with care, so you get better results once it arrives to your door. And because we’ve meticulously monitored your Skyrocket, months ahead of time, it’s a proven performer in your own homescape.
So, if you’re looking for dense, well-shaped greenery for tight spaces – no upkeep required – the Skyrocket Juniper is a must-have. Get your Skyrocket today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Juniper Skyrocket in a location that receives partial sun, full sun if possible, to promote faster growth. Soil preference is not an issue with this variety.
Then, dig the hole twice the width of the root ball and deep enough for the soil line around the trunk of the tree so that it sits even with the surface of the surrounding ground. Tamp the ground around the Skyrocket by hand to remove any air pockets that may have formed in the soil.
2. Watering: A thorough watering once a week will help keep the soil properly moist around your Skyrocket Juniper. Water the tree regularly for the first two years of growth (about once or twice weekly) - this will help the tree’s roots system develop and increase the tree’s drought tolerance.
3. Fertilizing: Use a granulated fertilizer specifically formulated for evergreens, and apply once in the early spring in accordance with the package directions.
4. Pruning: Though the Juniper Skyrocket can tolerate pruning, the tree actually looks best when allowed to grow and assume its natural shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus Virginiana 'Skyrocket'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Good so far
Easy to order and arrived in great shape.
Good Screening Shrub
Arrived as specified, looks good, very happy with the purchase!
I was hesitant to purchase trees from an online store, but I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered 8 of the 4-5ft Skyrocket Junipers on a Friday; was notified that they shipped on the next Monday; and they were delivered 3 days later on Thursday. The packaging was excellent, and the trees looked healthy with the roots still being moist. A couple of them were around 5ft, but most were 4ft. The burlap bag made them less messy to carry and the planting directions were easy to follow.
Looking good so far. I will be happy after there first winter.