* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||1 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-7 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus conferta 'Blue Pacific'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Easy Evergreen Groundcover, Perfect for Rocky Areas
Why Blue Pacific Juniper?
Struggling to find groundcover for rocky hills, ledges, or slopes? Look no further than this low-growing conifer. Not only does the evergreen Blue Pacific Juniper thrive on rock walls - it makes an attractive pairing with other plants, including ornamental grasses and boxwoods.
Gardeners choose the Blue Pacific Juniper over other groundcover because of its floating, gently-drooping foliage. Its deep, evergreen color turns slightly gray-green in the winter. What’s more, the conifer fills in hard-to-plant spaces quickly, spreading at a moderate rate of six to 12 inches each year.
The best part about this Blue Pacific Juniper? It grows well in nearly any conditions. It will thrive in any well-draining soil, and can tolerate full or partial sun. Growing in zones 5 through 9, it can tolerate both heat and cold, as well as polluted or coastal areas.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Our Blue Pacific Juniper is a proven performer, with dense, evergreen foliage and year-round growth. Plus, we choose the best Blue Pacifics on the market and nurture them with care before we ship to you. That means your Juniper will arrive at your door stronger and better developed, with a healthy, intact root system that's ready to thrive in your landscape.
We’ve put in the extra work, so you can reap the rewards. Order your Blue Pacific Juniper Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun per day) and ideally well-drained soil. However, the Blue Pacific Juniper shrub is highly adaptable, drought resistant and easy-to-grow in most soil types.
When it’s time to plant your shrub, start by digging a hole that’s at least twice the width of the root ball. After placing your shrub in its hole, backfill the soil, tamp down, and water to establish the root system.
If you're container planting, select a pot that's twice the width of your shrub's shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes. Use organic soil mix, place your shrub, and put the pot in a sunny location on your porch or patio.
2. Watering: Water your new Blue Pacific Juniper regularly and deeply during its first growing season to help it establish – weekly, or more often during extreme heat. Once your Blue Pacific Juniper has acclimated to your landscape, you can reduce your watering frequency. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the soil – if it’s dry down to around 2 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: You can fertilize your Blue Pacific plant in the late winter or early spring during its first year - a general 10-10-10 fertilizer is the ideal option to use. Once established, you won’t need regular fertilization.
4. Pruning: Since it has slow growth, you will hardly need to prune your Blue Pacific Juniper. However, you can prune as needed to shape for your landscape or garden setting.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
blue pacific juniper
arrived in great condition and was growing more in the pot even before planting. I guess it likes our Houston weather.
Just dug a hole and planted it for the winter. Very healthy, pretty plant.
This plant arived in good shape. The packaging of this company is sturdy and keeps the trees safe. I will surly order more.