* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Blue Blooms + Dense Foliage
Why Big Blue Liriope Plants?
Grassy evergreen foliage merges with bold blue-purple blooms, making the Big Blue Liriope an eye-catching favorite. The flowers mark the end of summer, lasting until fall then giving way to shiny black berries in the winter.
It's perfect for edging along a flower garden or mixed border...especially since it can be used as a groundcover to prevent erosion. Big Blue is a landscape problem solver because it thrives through tough conditions, including dry or shady areas.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from its bold color and carefree growth, your Big Blue is one of the top varieties available because we’ve planted, monitored, and shipped it with care. Since we’ve grown it, and grown it well, from day one, you get a proven performer in your homescape.
Your Liriope Plant is consistent in size, shape, and color – we’ve put in the extra work so that you reap the rewards. Get your own Big Blue before it’s gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: It’s highly adaptable and versatile, but the Big Blue does need an area with moderately well-drained soil. It thrives in partial shade and can handle a bit of soggy soil.
Once you’ve found your location, dig a hole that’s about one to two times the width of your plant’s root ball. If you’re planting in a container, select one that is about one and a half times the width of your plant. After digging, place your plant, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Depending on the rainfall in your area, your newly planted Big Blue may not need extra watering. After the plant is established, water once every week or once every two weeks. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 to 3 inches down – if it’s dry, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Your Liriope shouldn't need fertilizer, but if you want to speed up growth, apply an all-purpose fertilizer.
4. Pruning: The Liriope doesn’t require pruning, but you may prune back if you'd like it to grow as groundcover.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||1-2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Liriope muscari 'Big Blue'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-11 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- health plant
The ordering, receiving, unboxing, and planting was really easy all the way through. Plant is fresh and thriving.
Fits our needs perfectly
Plants arrived in very good shape. We were delayed getting them in the ground for a few days, but they did fine and now thriving. We love the way they look, easy care.
Totally pleased with purchase. The plants were well packed, shipped promptly and arrived in good shape. The sale price for a quantity (10) was excellent. I will likely order more in spring.
big blue liriope
excellent. quick. healthy