* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8-18 in.|
|Mature Width:||12-16 in.|
|Botanical Name:||Carex hachijoensis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Vibrant Cool-Season Grass Adds Color Spring Through Fall
Why Carex Evergold?
Give your landscape a unique twist with the Carex Evergold (Japanese Sedge). This easy-care grass features deep-green foliage with creamy-gold stripes, adding an elegant appeal to borders, garden beds and beyond.
The Evergold's variegated leaves and low-clumping, spiky growth add an excellent contrast to cascading or upright flowering plants. It also works well along pond edges, pathway borders and garden beds.
The best part about this low-maintenance grower? It's a cool-season grass, so you'll see new growth during the colder months in spring and fall. But don't worry - your Carex Evergold will maintain its vibrant color year-round, with coffee-colored flowers in spring.
This Carex Evergold will add color and texture to any garden. Get yours today, and watch it transform your landscape!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The best part about your Carex Evergold (Japanese Sedge)? We've planted, nurtured and shipped it with absolute care. That means you get a well-rooted, healthy grass, delivered right to your door and ready to thrive in your landscape.
Your Evergold is an instant, year-round landscape solution - with no guesswork in growing.
You won't get that experience from other nurseries or big box stores. Don't wait - order your Carex Evergold Sedge Plant today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with moist soil and dappled sun or part shade for best results. The Carex Evergold can tolerate full sun if the soil is consistently moist, but may lose some of its vibrant color in full shade.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide and about 2 inches deeper than the root ball. Place your Carex Evergold, backfill the soil and water thoroughly when planting is complete. Mulch the soil to regulate temperature and conserve water.
2. Watering: Water your Carex Evergold when the soil feels dry down to about 3 inches. You may need to water more often in hot and dry conditions, or for container-planted Carex Evergold. Generally, if you plant in a water-prone area or get several inches of rainfall a week, additional watering is unnecessary.
3. Fertilizing: You can fertilize in the spring and again in the fall with 10-5-5 or 20-10-10. Always follow the label directions.
4. Pruning: Pruning is optional, but you can cut back your Carex Evergold in late winter or early spring, before new growth appears, to remove spent foliage and control size.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|