* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Large Pink Double Blooms Welcome Spring
Why Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Trees?
Large, fluffy pink double blooms welcome the early spring months in a profusion of vibrant color, making the Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Tree a seasonal star. Plus, you get month-to-month color with glossy deep green foliage in summer and rich burgundy tones in the fall.
Your tree will be one of the brightest on the block. Its one-of-a-kind blooms bring graceful wildlife to your garden, so it's ideal for flower bed focal planting, driveway borders, or even lining streets...especially since it's also tolerant of urban pollution.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about your Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Tree? We’ve planted and grown your tree at our nursery for months, long before it ships to your doorstep.
That means you get a well-developed root system and more mature branching. We've put in the extra work so that you get a tree that thrives in your landscape.
This tree sells out quickly, so be sure to order yours now while they're still available! Get your Weeping Extraordinaire™ Cherry Tree, before it's gone.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These trees grow best in moist, well-drained, acidic soil (around 6.5 to 7.0 pH) in a spot that receives full to partial sun.
Dig your hole just as deep and twice as wide as the root ball. Leave a small mound of dirt in the center of the hole to set the root ball on and carefully spread the roots in the hole. You’ll want to keep the crown (tip of the root ball) of the tree roughly an inch above the surrounding soil level. If it doesn’t reach that point, just add a bit more dirt to the mound underneath.
2. Watering: Water the tree when the top 2 inches of soil dries (a slow trickle with a garden hose for about 10 or 20 minutes is recommended so the water doesn’t bead away from the intended watering area). This could be about twice a week in the summer, or every three weeks in the fall. Watering depends on several factors such as the soil type, rainfall amounts, and temperature.
3. Fertilizing: Flowering Cherries will not require fertilizer for the first two years. Heavy mulch around the base of the tree protects and nurtures the soil as well. When you are ready, fertilize the tree with nitrogen. Apply 1/10 pound of actual nitrogen per year for each year of the tree’s age, with a maximum of 1 pound per year. Apply it once in the spring, or spread the nitrogen amount into 2 to 4 equal applications over the spring and summer.
4. Pruning: Removal of the current year’s old, faded flowers and fruit clusters will promote flower buds for the following season. Prune the cherry tree during the dormant winter period to remove dead branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus x ‘Extrazam’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
My cherry blossom trees
The trees packaging was excellent! I didn’t expect to see them so well care for. I planted the trees according to the instructions on the package and doing fantastic.
So far, so good!
The tree arrived very quickly and in seemingly good health. It was the height described but with few leafy branches. We put it in the ground right away and added mulch as it was supposed to be colder than you would think for April. The temperature is rising and as it is pretty much past time for a tree like this to bloom, we have every reason to think all is well. The leaves it has are green and there are tiny sprouts implying it is doing ok. So far- so good.
So far so good, but the one I bought last year died after a few months. We had heavy rains here in Louisiana so that might have been the culprit although there was good drainage. Anyway, so far so good
We hate hearing that your last tree didn't do well! If you have any concerns with your new tree along the way, please reach out right away so we can take a look!
Absolutely gorgeous and we love it
This place has the most amazing trees and shrubs and my husband and I have been ordering from them for years. We ordered this tree last fall during its dormancy and stuck it in a pot until we moved into our new home at the end of February. We weren’t expecting anything this year so we were pleasantly surprised. I recommend this site for all of your gardening needs. Can’t say enough good things
So far so good
The ordering process was easy. It was delivered in a timely manner and well packaged. It's doing well where it's planted. It's too small yet to see the limbs bending down (in fact, the landscaper wondered if it was a weeping cherry), but I'm told with pruning that will happen. Obviously, it's too soon for blossoms. I'm anxious to see how it grows and develops next year.