* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Lively Emerald Foliage Offers Vibrant Texture
Why Green Velvet Boxwood Shrubs?
Appearing almost velvety to the eye, the Green Velvet Boxwood Shrub makes a rich impression. This sparkling evergreen is aptly named, with its display of old growth in darker shades of green, and its new growth shining brightly in vivid shades of light green that adds texture, depth and dimension.
Plus, it grows in a natural sphere. Add one or multiple shrubs to an existing garden, or grouping. They're perfectly suited to enhance both casual and formal settings, and the Green Velvets are easygoing...with pest resistance, disease resistance and sturdy, adaptable growth that even stands up to deer. Urban smog, changing climates, and drought won't harm it either.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Our hybrid Green Velvet Boxwood is better because we've planted, grown and shipped it for absolutely amazing results. You get a well-rooted, easy-to-grow variety that's delivered right to your door - no need to visit big box or haul cumbersome, dirty plants in your backseat. We've done the hard work so you don't have to.
Thanks to being super hardy and requiring next to no care, our Velvet Green Boxwood is an extremely popular shrub and sells out fast. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your Green Velvet Boxwood will receive full or partial sunlight. If you live in an area that gets very hot, they will do best when given some afternoon shade and well-drained soil.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole the same depth as the root ball and twice as wide. Place the Green Velvet upright into the hole, ensuring it is straight, and begin to back fill the hole, watering every couple inches to prevent air pockets from forming. To help retain moisture in the soil and deter weed growth, apply a 2- to 3-inch deep layer of mulch around the base of the boxwood, extending 12 inches past the foliage.
2. Watering: Water the Green Velvet Boxwood deeply to ensure the roots are getting adequate moisture. The soil should stay moist but not saturated - generally, this requires watering once or twice weekly. Once it has established, it will need a weekly watering during periods of drought or extreme heat.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced shrub fertilizer formula such as 10-10-10 in spring, before the start of new growth.
4. Pruning: These can be pruned in a rounded shape or allowed to grow naturally. Pruning should only be done after any danger of frost has passed in the spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buxus 'Green Velvet'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, TN, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Green Velvet Boxwoods
Excellent service and quality plants
Green Velvet Boxwood
Packed and shipped very well. Shrubs are healthy. I transferred to 5 gallon containers and they are looking excellent.
LOVE the Boxwood
It is healthy and wonderful and growing fast
Green Velvet Boxwoods- 8pk
all of the shrubs were in great condition. arrived on time and the customer service rep was great!!! Have these all in a new garden along the front of the house. Can't wait for them to grow and change the dynamics of my landscape.
Shrubs by Mail
Don't know yet. My landscaper backed out and they are not planted yet. Keeping them watered until my existing shrubs get trimmed in October and two existing half-dead shrubs get removed. The crew will then plant my two new boxwoods and two admiration barberries in the space cleared. Thought the new plants would be a little more mature but they have promise.