* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Vivid Color Meets Easy Growth
Looking for showy, lavender-blue blooms to add to your landscape? The Periwinkle Plant is the perfect addition!
With its trailing habit and phlox-like characteristics, the Periwinkle Plant makes the ideal groundcover for large areas needing a little love. Plant it in bare spaces in your garden, in pots on the patio, or train it to climb walls and fences for a pop of color.
Wherever it’s placed, these flowers will enchant the garden intermittently from spring through fall for extended interest. And the best part is that its beautiful, dramatic appearance is effortless to achieve.
What’s more is that the Periwinkle Plant is long-living, drought tolerant and deer resistant. Plus, its flowers are rabbit-proof and few insects munch on them, so you can rest assured you’ll be enjoying this plant for seasons to come!
Ready for rich hues and easygoing growth? The Periwinkle Plant is just the thing your landscape needs!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Periwinkle Plant in an area with part shade. They can tolerate full shade but shouldn’t be planted in an area with full sun, as they can burn. They’ll do best in soils rich in compost and well-draining but can also tolerate less than ideal soil conditions.
2. Watering: This plant grows best in moist soil; however, its vines are fairly drought tolerant once mature.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilizing your Periwinkle Plant will help make its foliage more brilliant and may help with bloom production. Choose an evenly balanced fertilizer and follow the label instructions closely.
2. Pruning: You can prune your plants by cutting them in half after the summer bloom to encourage more growth the following year. You can also prune to maintain the density and shape of a hedge or potted plant.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-6 in.|
|Mature Width:||1-2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Vinca minor 'Periwinkle'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
So dainty and lovely
I love this addition to our landscape. The flowers are so sweet and colorful.
Excellent plant with purple flowers
Great plant - purple flowers great
Vinca Minor Periwinkle Vine
Such a happy plant! I was surprised at how well this Vinca traveled. It's liking the area of my yard where it will be enjoyable to watch it grow and continue blooming.
I’ve planted it. Hopefully it grows and is a nice ground cover for my hill.