* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Add Whimsical Fuchsia to Your Garden!
Why Pink Pixie Bougainvilleas?
With its fuchsia bracts, the Pink Pixie Bougainvillea adds magic to any landscaping. This flowering vine is dramatic over doorways or falling lushly from arbors. And it’s equally at home as a groundcover or in rock gardens, too!
Native to South America, this tropical evergreen vine loves heat, making it ideal for desert climates. If you live in a hot place, the Bougainvillea is a perennial, blooming consistently from spring through fall. Alternatively, these plants do well in containers that can be moved indoors in winter.
And did you know the Pink Pixie Bougainvillea’s flowers aren’t actually a showy pinkish-purple? Those are its leaves! Its flowers are tiny white blossoms that bloom better under stress. That’s right--Bougainvilleas actually prefer crowded roots, hot weather, and limited water, making them a breeze to care for!
What's more is that the Pink Pixie Bougainvillea attracts pollinators, so you'll enjoy watching birds, butterflies and bees flocking to your yard!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
With this Bougainvillea, you'll have endless planting possibilities. And because we've carefully grown and maintained your plant far before it reaches you, you can except a strong, well-developed root system and growth that's ready to thrive!
Looking for the boldest touch of color and easygoing nature? Order your Pink Pixie Bougainvillea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Bougainvilleas do best in a full sun location. Try and find somewhere that will offer at least 6 hours of direct sun every day. Ensure your drainage is good--plants don't like to be in areas where water may collect for prolonged periods. Bougainvilleas like to climb since they're vines, so make sure they have something like a fence or trellis to grow properly. If growing as a hedge, space them 18-20 inches apart.
2. Watering: Water your Bougainvillea as needed. Maintain a consistently moist soil but NOT overly saturated. Too much water can weaken the vine and cause excess leaf growth in place of the decorative color you’d expect.
For a potted Bougainvillea, use your index finger to determine if more water is needed. Stick it into the soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around. If there is still moisture present, leave it be a bit longer. If it has dried out, water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and stop.
3. Pruning: Your Bougainvillea will respond to pruning greatly when done properly. Pruning is typically done in the late fall or early winter season. Some light trimming will keep the vine trained to a certain visual habit. Trimming removes smaller materials and gives the form a certain silhouette as well as maintain the shape. Hedge planted bougainvilleas will require some extensive pruning unless they have been properly trained along a trellis or other vertical support systems. You can remove dead wood/branches as they appear. Pruning the tips of the wood just after a bud node encourages the formation of new branches to form at the pruning junction.
Potted vines should have their tips pinched off monthly during their active growing season to encourage more branching of the vine. Pruning should be done after winter with sterilized clippers. Rubbing alcohol works perfectly for sterilization.
4. Fertilizing: During the blooming season, your Bougainvillea will respond well to monthly applications of fertilizer. The best results have been from 6-8-10 formulas which still allow enough Nitrogen for healthy growth but also a boost of Phosphorous to encourage good blooming. Discontinue fertilizing as summer comes to an end. Potted Bougainvilleas do better with a balanced 20-20-20 water soluble formula applied every two weeks at half the strength recommended on the packaging.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Bougainvillea 'Pink Pixie'|
|Does Not Ship To:||OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Plants arrived in good shape but are having trouble adapting to the unshaded heat. So no pink color yet, plants need more time.