Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-3 in.
- Mature Width:
- 6-12 in.
- Shade to Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Ajuga reptans 'Valfredda'
- Does Not Ship To:
Showy Purple Blooms for Easy Groundcover
Why Chocolate Chip Ajuga Plants?
Offering incredible color for the barest spots in your yard, the versatile and virtually carefree Chocolate Chip Ajuga plant is known for its vibrant, unique blooms and hardy strength. In fact, the Chocolate Ajuga thrives in areas where other plants, even grass, struggle to survive.
And the Ajuga's evergreen foliage is attractive year-round, showing off a satin sheen finish juxtaposed with chocolate brown, bronze, and maroon hues. So, with our Ajuga, you get beauty and brawn since it's highly adaptable in nearly any conditions.
In spring, its clusters of purple-blue flowers burst forth on a manageable, easy-growing silhouette. The Chocolate Chip is well-suited for growing under shade trees, between path pavers, on slopes, or anywhere else that color and texture are needed.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
First, our Ajuga Plant grows fast, so you won't have to wait long to see it fill in. And it acts as a natural weed deterrent, too. Even the deer leave it alone!
But the best part is that you get its good looks and effortless care since we've planted, grown and shipped it with expert care. You won’t find this same experience from your local nursery or big box store...a strong, one-of-a-kind groundcover that imparts gorgeous growth to any spot in your garden.
Don’t wait – elevate your landscape with this amazing groundcover today. Get the beauty and carefree growth of our Chocolate Chip Ajuga for yourself!
Customer Reviews & Photos
I already have some planted but ordered another plant. This ground covering is great for those Shaded and hard to grow places . I love how it fills in the ground and it’s great looking as well.
I received ajuga and they were packaged perfectly. I highly recommend fastgrowintrees.com to everyone.
this is a beautiful plant.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by finding an area with full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil. The Chocolate Chip Ajuga can handle areas with less-than-stellar drainage and various soil types but thrive in well-draining locations.
When you’ve selected a location, dig a hole that’s about twice the size of your plant’s root ball and just as deep to accommodate the Ajuga. Then, place your plant, tamp down the soil and water the surrounding soil to settle the roots. We recommend applying mulch after planting to conserve moisture for your plant.
2. Watering: As a rule of thumb, we recommend checking your soil about 2 to 3 inches down for dryness. If the soil around this area is dry, water the plant. This will generally mean watering your plant about once or twice weekly.
3. Pruning: For a tidier appearance, you can remove old and faded foliage and blooms, though pruning for shaping purposes is not necessary.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|