Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 3-5 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-5 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle'
- Does Not Ship To:
Large Blooms All Summer
Why Annabelle Hydrangea Shrubs?
Putting on an outstanding show of gigantic flowers, the Annabelle Hydrangea is well worthy of any location in your landscape. In fact, it's got huge blooms the size of softballs, creating a one-of-a-kind ornamental look that's second to none.
With blooms the size of softballs, this ornamental shrub is not your typical hydrangea.
Climbing to a manageable mature height yet producing show-stopping blooms, the Annabelle's flowers are the biggest and most noticeable among the species. The Annabelle's countless, soft white petals make an awesome display against the green leaves and sturdy stems that support its massive flower heads.
Annabelle's beauty begins in June and will grace your garden with showers of elegant bouquets all summer long. Late in the season, the whole process starts again with a second bloom that will make it feel like summer's just beginning.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
In addition to its carefree growth, evergreen foliage, and versatility, you get a promise: The best start possible.
When you order your Annabelle from Fast Growing Trees, you get a well-rooted, healthy shrub in its own pot. The Annabelle is hard to find at big-box garden centers...and if you do find an Annabelle, it may be bare-root.
But your Annabelle Hydrangea from our nursery is planted and grown meticulously in nutrient-rich soil - we never ship bare-root, so you get tons of blooms year after year. With our bigger size, you can get blooms as soon as the first season!
Don't let another summer go by without planting Annabelle Hydrangeas in your garden. Get the unmatched beauty of the Annabelle for yourself today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Good and was easy to plant and Care for and we like it
I bought eight. Three have nearly doubled in size within two weeks and the remaining five which died were replaced within a handful of days and they are now doing very well. Very Responsive customer service. I will buy from them again
Order was promptly delivered and in good shape; packing boxes did an excellent job of keeping the stems from being broken in transit; plants are now outside and planted for about 2 weeks and are doing great
Beautiful plants. Came perky and healthy!
My Annabelle hydrangeas were securely packaged and arrived healthy. They’re growing very nicely in their new location.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with morning sun and afternoon shade. If you live in zones 6 or lower, the more sun the better. Avoid planting your hydrangeas in a heavily shaded spot. Give your Hydrangeas plenty of room to grow.
When you're ready to plant, dig the planting hole 2 feet wider than the root ball and to a depth of the tip of the root ball. Set the Hydrangea in the hole, making sure it is not planted too deeply. Finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Give your Hydrangea an inch of water each week. This includes any rainfall. If you're not sure when and how much to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water until it's moist.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Hydrangeas once in the summer prior to August. Apply a good time-release fertilizer at this time, only one time during the year. Discontinue fertilizing if the plant appears wilted or unhealthy.
4. Pruning: Prune in the spring to remove dead tips from winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|