* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Dazzling Fall Color + Eye-Catching Winter Blooms
Why Jelena Witch Hazel Shrubs?
Dazzling yellow and red fall foliage plus one-of-a-kind winter blooms set the Jelena Witch Hazel Shrub apart, making it the perfect focal point plant for brightening up nearly any space in your landscape.
After the foliage drops, fragrant copper flowers emerge. The profusion of blooms bursts forth on mild days, curling up during freezes to prevent damage from low temperatures.
This spreading, upright shrub sports vibrant green leaves in the summer, making it perfect for mixed borders that deliver months of color. And since it's deer resistant, as well as generally pest-free, you won't have to deal with pesky netting or harsh chemicals and sprays. It's also a full sun to part shade lover, making it versatile for planting in a number of garden areas.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The best part is that you get all of these benefits without the hassle. Because your Jelena Witch Hazel is delivered with a healthier, more developed root system, you'll plant and forget it...until its vivid color elevates your curb appeal.
Basically, the hard work in growing your shrub has been done for you. Now, the only work for you is deciding where to plant this unique cultivar.
Unlike the shrubs at your local big-box retailer, your Jelena arrives with better branching, ready to take off and transform your garden. But don't wait...order your Jelena Witch Hazel today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
Generally, this shrub prefers well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sunlight) for best blooming potential. It's moderately tolerant of clay soil but does prefer rich, acidic soils.
2. Watering: Let your soil dry to the touch down to about 2 inches in between waterings. Once your soil is dry, give your shrub a deep watering at its base.
3. Fertilizing: You don't have to fertilize your shrub, but if you'd like, you can fertilize at the beginning of every spring with a well-balanced solution, and follow label instructions for best results.
4. Pruning: Prune in spring after the blooming period to control your shrub's shape and size. If you'd like to avoid excessive spread, remove suckers as soon as they appear.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plant arrived as expected. Looked healthy. It's been in the ground for a couple weeks, still looks good! Hoping to get some flowers this year.