* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||45 ft.|
|Mature Width:||40 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Acer saccharum 'JFS-Caddo2' PP23361|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Vibrant, Hardy Fall Color
Why Flashfire Maples?
The Flashfire Maple, often known as the Caddo Sugar Maple, earned its name from the vibrant burnt-orange to red color its leaves turn in the fall. It's famous in Canada and New England for its remarkable red color, with attractive green foliage in spring and summer.
You'll love this tree not only for its vivid color, but also for its hardiness and disease resistance. The Flashfire Maple can withstand temperatures as cold as -30° F, while also thriving in the consistent warmth of the southern United States. It's more resistant to mildew and disease than many other trees, and it doesn’t mind low humidity or intense sunlight.
It has a naturally neat, oval shape, and its five-foot canopy clearance provides year-round visibility. It's an attractive shade, border, or accent tree, with one of the most spectacular fall showings of any Maple.
Want to make an autumn statement in your landscape? The Flashfire Maple is the perfect choice.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
At FastGrowingTrees.com, we've carefully nurtured your Flashfire Maples so you get a proven performer that's ready to add color to your landscape. With a stronger root system and healthier branching, you'll get a tree that's ready to grow on day one.
Add unbeatable impact to your landscape with this gorgeous shade tree. Order now for fast delivery, fast growth and fresh fall color!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Flashfire Maple can tolerate many different soil conditions, but it prefers well-draining soil. When you're ready to plant, select a spot in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). Dig a hole that's 2 to 3 times the width of your tree's root ball and equal depth.
Place your tree in the hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Once the water has absorbed into the root ball and surrounding soil, backfill the remaining soil. Pack firmly and water a second time. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Flashfire Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves can signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer is suitable. Fertilize your Flashfire Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy, and once a month during the summer. Discontinue fertilizing before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: Since Maple Trees bleed sap when their branches are cut, the best time to prune is when the leaves have fully matured. At this time, there will be less sap. Prune to remove all dead or dying branches, and then to shape as needed.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$79 +||FREE SHIPPING!|