* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||40 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Acer rubrum 'JFS-KW78'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
A Unique Autumn Standout
Why Armstrong Gold Maples?
You'll get great visual impact with the Armstrong Gold Maple's gold-orange foliage and unique, columnar shape. Each leaf has its own pattern of yellow and orange, making it a standout in autumnal landscaping.
What's more, this tree has unique good looks nearly year-round. During the spring and summer, the maple has light green leaves, gray bark, and red branches. In the spring, the tree sprouts small red flowers and bright red samaras (winged seeds characteristic of maples).
Fast-growing and adaptable, the Armstrong Gold Maple will make a statement in any landscape. At maturity, this Maple reaches heights of 40 feet and spreads of 12 feet. Though its natural canopy is six feet, the tree can also be pruned to have an even higher clearance. The Armstrong Gold Maple grows quickly and can live up to 80 years, for long-lasting beauty.
Because of its slim shape, the Armstrong Growth Maple is a smart choice for small spaces or narrow plots. Plant one as a focal point, or several in a row to create a privacy screen.
Gardeners love the Armstrong Gold Maple for its robust, low-maintenance growth - and you'll love this autumn show-stopper in your landscape!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
At FastGrowingTrees.com, we've carefully nurtured our Armstrong Gold Maples, so you get a proven performer that's ready to grow in your landscape.
Packed in nutrient-rich soil, with a stronger root system and healthier branching, you'll get a tree that's ready to grow on day one.
Add impact to your landscape with this autumn stunner. Order now for fast delivery, fast growth and fresh fall color!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Armstrong Gold Maple can tolerate many different soil conditions, but it prefers well-draining soil. When you're ready to plant, select a spot in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). Dig a hole that's 2 to 3 times the width of your tree's root ball and equal depth.
Place your tree in the hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Once the water has absorbed into the root ball and surrounding soil, backfill the remaining soil. Pack firmly and water a second time. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Armstrong Gold Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves can signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer is suitable. Fertilize your Armstrong Gold Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy, and once a month during the summer. Discontinue fertilizing before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: Since Maple Trees bleed sap when their branches are cut, the best time to prune is when the leaves have fully matured. At this time, there will be less sap. Prune to remove all dead or dying branches, and then to shape as needed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The trees all looked great and are thriving.