* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Amazing Fall Color & Easy-Growing Shade
Why Chinese Pistache Trees?
The Chinese Pistache is spreading like wildfire because its blazing fall foliage can’t be matched. While other trees are colorless and entering dormancy, the Chinese Pistache is shining bright with multiple shades of reds, oranges, and yellows.
These vivid trees will be the talk of the neighborhood because they will outshine all of the dull trees in your neighbor’s yards with their stunning color and beautiful, thick rounded canopies. Plus, unlike maples, they have a unique exotic look, with pairs of long slender leaves.
In the spring and summer, their canopies are filled with lush green leaves that will create a nice shaded area in your yard to relax under. A well-placed Chinese Pistache tree will shade the driveway or home to relieve sweltering summer heat.
Urban landscapers can’t get enough of these trees because of their high level of tolerance for pollution and smog, which allows them to be planted anywhere...even in large cities. They’re also drought and heat tolerant and will adapt to a variety of poor soils, even if they are sandy or rocky.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The best part about your Chinese Pistache Tree is that we've planted, grown and nurtured it from day one...now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery.
Unlike other big-box shade trees, your Chinese Pistache Tree arrives well-rooted in its own pot...never bare-root. That means a greater chance of long-term success in your own landscape.
So, don't wait...get your own Chinese Pistache Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your Pistache will benefit best from a location that receives full sun and well-draining soil.
Make your hole 4 to 5 times as wide as the root ball. Be sure to center your tree and begin to backfill the hole, tamping the soil down as you fill to prevent air pockets from forming. Water thoroughly and spread 2 to 3 inches of mulch around the base of the tree.
2. Watering: For the first month, be sure to water your Pistache twice weekly. The best way to ensure that you’re watering deeply enough is to place your garden hose next to the base of the tree on a trickle.
3. Fertilizing: For trees that are five years (or younger), fertilizer should be introduced during the spring and fall seasons. Use a nitrogen-based formula with superphosphate if the tree has not grown at least 2 to 3 feet annually. Be sure to follow the application instructions provided on the packaging.
4. Pruning: Prune the top of the tree when it reaches six feet tall between January and February, and this will force more branches to develop. As branches emerge, select one as the tree’s trunk, the other as a branch, and remove the rest. The trunks should be left to grow another three feet and then pruned to a couple of feet above your original cut, which in turn will encourage more branches. Repeat this process until you get a well-spaced and symmetrical look.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||25-35 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25-35 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Pistachia Chinensis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,GA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
My little tree seems to be doing well. I was a bit concerned because the soil surrounding the roots had mostly fallen out of the pot, into the bag. Maybe a cardboard or plastic ‘collar’ on top of the soil would help?
Overall experience has been great! Ordering was easy and delivery was super fast. The tree arrived healthy and we’re so excited for it to grow and mature!
I received my pistache tree damaged, Joseph delivered amazing customer service by quickly sending a replacement. He also helped throughout the process of photos being taking on my end, and finalizing the return, easy peasy.
First off, we live in Zone 9 and I'm so excited that this in the ground - we have green leaves and I can't wait for the leaves to change colors. Our other tree died last year and we have waited to finally have something with some COLOR! GREAT service, helpful staff, and fast delivery. DELIVERY: The box says lay flat and the only bad thing was the deliveryman stood the tree up on end, with the container at the top and a lot of the soil dislodged, which made for a mess. The tree is doing well, so all is good!