* Images shown are of mature plants
Yellow Flowers Resemble Golden Shoji Lanterns
Why Golden Raintrees?
Golden Raintrees give you an incredible show year-round. When the leaves first bud out in early spring, they're a unique pink-red color, and eventually turn a deep green. Then come the long, airy sprays of color.
It's one of the few trees to feature yellow flowers that erupt in a glorious cascade all over the canopy in midsummer. The show gets even better when the seed pods start to form in late summer. They turn a deep, rich orange and look like tiny, golden-orange paper lanterns.
But don't let their delicate appearance fool you. These versatile champions stand up to heat, harsh climates and city pollution equally well. You often see them as street trees in urban environments and as fabulous focal points in groups of three to five in landscapes.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You get the top perks of amazing growth and effortlessly elegant good looks because we've planted, grown and nurtured our Golden Raintrees, long before they arrive to your door. We've done the hard work at our nursery so you don't have to...that means when your Golden Raintree is delivered, it's got a healthy root system and great head start on life.
Be sure to order your Golden Raintrees now. They're very popular, and we sell out every year - get your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Golden Raintrees are full sun trees, requiring at least 6 hours of direct sun, and will perform best with 8 to 10 hours of sunlight. Choose an open location where the tree can receive plenty of unfiltered sunlight. Golden Raintrees also prefer moist but well-draining soil.
After choosing your location, dig a hole that is twice as wide as the container that the trees are in and just as deep. Place the tree even with the soil level and back fill with the remaining mixture. Water lightly after every few inches to remove any air pockets. Water well when done then cover the area with a wide mulch ring to help the plant conserve water and regulate root temperature while it acclimates.
2. Watering: Young Golden Raintrees need moist soil to get established in their new home. You will need to water regularly, but do not keep the soil saturated. These trees will do well if watered when the soil is dry to a depth of about 1 to 2 inches down. During the warmer times, daily watering may be necessary but mulching the planting area will help it retain moisture.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize the tree in the early spring with a general purpose, slow-release fertilizer that is higher in nitrogen to encourage good spring growth. Once established, the tree will need little to no fertilization.
4. Pruning: Young Golden Raintrees will need early pruning to increase branching, as they are sparsely branched when young. Prune for shape when young to to encourage strong branch structure by spacing out the larger branches on the main trunk. Once the initial shape is established, pruning will only be necessary to remove dead or damaged wood within the canopy. Pruning should be done during the dormant season.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Koelreuteria paniculata|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|