Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height:
- 8 ft. pruned
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus kinokuni mukakukishu
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX
Seedless, Sweet and Small Fruit, Easy to Grow
Why Kishu Mandarin Trees?
When it comes to Mandarins, it doesn't get any better than the Kishu Mandarin. This seedless variety of Mandarin has everything you could want in a quick and healthy snack. The Kishu Mandarin may be the smallest mandarin you've seen, but don’t let that fool you. These bite-size citrus fruits are packed full of flavor and nutrition.
They're easy to grow, too. Kishu Mandarin Trees require very little effort and upkeep. With just a little bit of watering and fertilizing, you'll be growing a healthy and productive citrus tree. Don't worry if you live in a cold climate - simply plant your tree in a container and bring it indoors before the first freeze.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You'll get healthy, delicious fruit without effort. Our tried-and-true process, from planting to growing and shipping, ensures that you get better results in your own homescape. We've nurtured our Kishu Mandarin Trees, so when your tree arrives at your door, it arrives with healthier roots and better branching...an experience you won't get from big box or your local nursery.
Start growing these sweet, tiny Mandarins today. Whether you want to give your family the gift of a healthy treat or you're looking for an easy-to-grow citrus tree, the Kishu Mandarin has everything you're looking for. The compact size and incredible health benefits make this tree a hit, so don't miss your chance. Order yours today!
Kishu Mandarin Tree (Seedless) Pollination
Kishu Mandarin Tree (Seedless)s are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Kishu Mandarin Tree (Seedless) will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Absolutely love it! It's a very hardy tree and my kids love it. Already growing many fruits on it just waiting for them to ripen!
The tree cane with several flowers opened and still yet to bloom. It looked as healthy as it could have after being in a box for a couple days. I'm excited to see how this tree does over the course of the summer
Very Happy. We are repeat customers
Great little tree awesome for indoors or out on the patio. Tree arrived in excellent shape and we are excited for it to start producing. This was our third instalment of our citrus tree collection we are happy with all.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in a large pot (around one and a half times the plant's shipped container) that gives the roots room to grow. Plant in well-draining, loose soil and make sure your container has proper drainage holes. Always keep your tree in the sunniest location possible, whether indoors or outdoors.
When you plant, add your soil, place your tree, backfill with soil again and leave about a one-inch space at the top. Finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water new plants twice a week until it's established. Once the tree is established, only water every 7 to 10 days.
If you're not sure when to water, simply check your soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a citrus fertilizer, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, in March, May, and June. Follow the instructions on the package, but divide the amount by 3. When applying the fertilizer, water the tree lightly to dissolve the fertilizer into the soil.
4. Pruning: Prune in the spring when new growth emerges. Remove all dead and dying limbs or branches that grow from the bottom of the tree. During the first two years of growth, remove all the fruit once the blooms have died. This allows the tree the ability to use all the nutrients, and it encourages new growth.
5. Pollination: Though this tree is self-fertile, for indoor trees, you can pollinate by hand since most people do not keep a healthy bee population within their home. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush.
Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. The bloom will fall off naturally and the fruit will begin to form in its place.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|