Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8 ft. pruned
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- 2-3 years
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus 'California Honey'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, GA, FL, TX
The Best Tasting Mandarins Available
Why California Honey Mandarin Trees?
Enjoy the warm taste of cinnamon and honey with the California Honey Mandarin, often considered the best-tasting mandarin you can eat. With flavors reminiscent of honey, paired with the warmth of cinnamon, this unique taste is unforgettable. Once you take your first bite, you'll be hooked.
You won't find this tantalizing fruit at your local market. Most commercial growers market bigger, seedless mandarins, so you won't be likely to find this sweet fruit at your grocery store. Growing your own California Honey Mandarin Tree will ensure you always have access to this irresistible citrus.
And it's easy to grow. California Honey Mandarins don't just grow in California. Warmer climates like zones 9 and 10 can plant their trees outside, but if you live in a colder state, it's no problem. Plant your tree in a container and bring it inside during the cooler winter months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
With our trees, you can grow your own California Honey Mandarins and discover their irresistible taste without the hassle. That's because we've planted, grown and shipped our California Honey Mandarins with care so that by the time they arrive at your door, they're ready to thrive. You get healthier roots, better branching, and faster fruit - you won't get the same experience at your local nursery or big box store.
Without easy access to this incredible fruit at a grocery store, everyone wants a tree of their own to grow. Order yours today and start growing your own healthy, sweet mandarins!
California Honey Mandarin Tree Pollination
California Honey Mandarin Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional California Honey Mandarin Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
- fruit trees
Trees arrived in great condition. My first time growing these trees and they are growing very well. Looking forward to picking the fruit. I’m very satisfied with this purchase and all the fruit trees I have bought over the years. Will keep buying from Fast Growing Trees
Great. Tree arrived in great condition.
Arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Very healthy tree.
One stem and it is very young.
my tree arrived with 6 mandarins already on it. I let them ripen on the tree until they were just slightly soft. The taste was fantastic. only downside was i only had 6. Can't wait until next harvest
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in a large pot that gives the roots room to grow. Plant in well-draining, loose soil and make sure your container has proper drainage holes.
You can keep your plant outside during the warmest months, but when temperatures begin to drop below 60 degrees you'll need to begin training the tree to move indoors. Training is easy - simply bring your tree inside for 1 hour on the first day and increase the time inside by 2 to 3 hours each day. If you move your plant back outside during the summer, you'll need to retrain it in the same way. Always keep your tree in the sunniest location possible, whether indoors or outdoors.
2. Watering: Water new plants twice a week until established. Once the tree is established, only water every 7 to 10 days.
If you're not sure when to water your tree, simply check your soil about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water your tree.
3. Fertilizing: Use a citrus fertilizer, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, in March, May, and June. Follow the instructions on the package, but divide the amount by three. When applying the fertilizer, water the tree lightly to dissolve the fertilizer into the soil.
4. Pruning: Prune in the spring when new growth emerges. Remove all dead and dying limbs or branches that grow from the bottom of the tree. During the first two years of growth, remove all the fruit once the blooms have died. This allows the tree the ability to use all the nutrients, and it encourages new growth.
5. Pollination: The California Mandarin is self-fertile, for indoor trees, you can pollinate by hand since most people do not keep a healthy bee population within their home. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. The bloom will fall off naturally and the fruit will begin to form in its place.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|