* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Pieris japonica x floribunda 'Mountain Fire'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Unusually Striking Color Lasts Year-Round
Why Pieris Mountain Fire Plants?
Ideal for gardeners seeking an unusual specimen for that shady, hard-growing corner, the Pieris Mountain Fire lives up to its name. The Pieris sports flaming red leaf growth from late winter into early spring, setting your landscape ablaze.
Its blazing foliage is the perfect complement to the Pieris' pinkish-white flower clusters, which form in unusual hanging chains like a crystal chandelier. These densely packed, bell-shaped blooms are delicate and deliciously fragrant, lasting for months at a time in a rich display.
Plus, the beautifully arched Pieris can be shaped easily, forming a low privacy hedge, growing as a foundation plant, or artfully thriving in small groupings for a delightfully decorative accent. No matter where it grows, it's exceptionally hardy, drought-tolerant and even deer and pest resistant. Next to no work is required to enjoy the fireworks!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Pieris from Fast Growing Trees, we guarantee your success because our plants remain in the nursery longer.
Our innovative, tried-and-true process allows your plants to develop advanced root systems, so they arrive at your home in superior condition. We ship your plant in its original container, where it's grown and acclimated for months ahead of time.
Now, you reap the rewards of unmatched color, blooms and years of good looks in your garden.
Order the popular Pieris today, while supplies last!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Ensure you plant in a reliably sunny area (one that receives 4 to 6 hours of sunlight a day) and in well-drained soil. Once you’ve selected your location, dig a hole that’s two to three times the size of your shrub’s root ball, place your plant, then backfill the soil while tamping down the soil to avoid air pockets. After planting, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water regularly during the first growing season to establish its root system, about once per week. You can reduce the frequency of watering once the plant is established. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check its surrounding soil, down to about 2 or 3 inches.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced fertilizer to your shrub in early spring.
4. Pruning: Prune to shape your shrub after flowering.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The Pieris Mountain Fire Plant has settled in and now producing lovely red new growth...definitely a winner!
My plant arrived in excellent condition and is thriving. I am very pleased.
The plants arrived in great shape and are in the ground. This plant is one of a few plants that can survive the robust deer population in my area, zone 6, Michigan. Please advise when you have a sale on these plants as I would like to purchase more as they seem to grow nicely in my area, are evergreen, and can survive the winter weather of Zone 6. Take care...Adrian B
The plant arrived in wonderful condition. I ordered three the first time and then ordered three more a few weeks later. So far, they are flourishing. Water daily.
I like them so far but they aren't big enough yet to really see them! They took to the replanting pretty well.