Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-7 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 40-50 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 25-35 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer platanoides 'Crimson King'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CT, ME, MA, NH
Unique. Deep Purple Foliage
Why Crimson King Maple Trees?
Regular Maples provide brilliant color in fall...but the Crimson King Maple Tree shows off its beautiful purple leaves all summer long. In fact, Crimson King Maples are known for their striking, rich purple foliage in colder climates, too, and are one of the few trees to give you excellent color in the Northern states.
And it doesn't matter what soil you plant your trees in because your Crimson King Maples will give you beautiful color anywhere. These trees will give you long-lasting color, keeping their purple foliage from spring until fall, hassle-free. Plus, the Crimson King Maple will give you dense shade, blocking the hot sun from your home and yard.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, your Crimson Maple will adapt to a variety of soil types and growing conditions without any effort on your part. But the top benefit is that you get healthier roots and more developed growth from the beginning - since we've nurtured your tree, long before it ships out, you get better results and success in your own landscape.
Don't wait to get this top tree...the Crimson sells out fast. Claim the Crimson King Maple Tree for yourself today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
I was a little disappointed in the time between ordering and receiving my order but working with customer service was very easy. That impressed me! Also, the tree was much smaller (no limbs at all!) than I expected. However, overall, my experience with 'Fast Growing Trees' has been positive and I will continue to shop the website.
It's been 2 weeks and I think he will make it.
Trees arrived packed well and were as advertised. I look forward to seeing them nature over time
So far so good. I purchased one 2 years ago. She's doing great...beutiful as I expect this one to be.
Tree arrived in timely fashion, bigger than expected, it is still alive which is great. Anxious to see how it does.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Though it's tolerant of soggy soils, Crimson Maples prefer well-drained areas. Once established, it tolerates droughts with little harm although infrequent, deep irrigation will help retain more foliage in extremely dry periods, especially in regions with hot summers. Select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
From there, dig a hole for your King Maple that’s 2 to 3 times the width of your tree’s root ball and equal depth. Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away from the planting site.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Crimson Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Be sure to water correctly - light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new Maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer will be suitable. Fertilize your Crimson Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy and once a month during the summer. Discontinue before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: When the leaves have fully matured, remove all dead or dying branches. Do this before you start cutting live branches; it will give you a better idea of what your tree looks like and how many of the live branches you’re going to need to cut. Decide which branches you’re going to cut before you start cutting. Look for large branches growing at narrow angles to the main trunk, branches that are rubbing others or branches that are growing inwards and crossing others. Remove the larger branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99 +||Free Shipping with code FREE99|