Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 40-50 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 25-35 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer platanoides 'Crimson King'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CT, IL, ME, MA, NH
Unique. Deep Purple Foliage
Why Crimson King Maple Trees?
Regular Maples provide brilliant color in fall...but the Crimson King Maple Tree shows off its beautiful purple leaves all summer long. In fact, Crimson King Maples are known for their striking, rich purple foliage in colder climates, too, and are one of the few trees to give you excellent color in the Northern states.
And it doesn't matter what soil you plant your trees in because your Crimson King Maples will give you beautiful color anywhere. These trees will give you long-lasting color, keeping their purple foliage from spring until fall, hassle-free. Plus, the Crimson King Maple will give you dense shade, blocking the hot sun from your home and yard.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, your Crimson Maple will adapt to a variety of soil types and growing conditions without any effort on your part. But the top benefit is that you get healthier roots and more developed growth from the beginning - since we've nurtured your tree, long before it ships out, you get better results and success in your own landscape.
Don't wait to get this top tree...the Crimson sells out fast. Claim the Crimson King Maple Tree for yourself today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
CRIMSON KING TREE
PERFECT, SO FAR. WILL RECOMMEND AFTER IT GROWS THIS EARLY SPRING. STILL TO EARLY TO TELL.
I liked how fast it arrived after ordering. Hasn't grown much since I planted it, but the roots appeared healthy and I understand sometimes is takes a little while.
Our trees arrived safely and well packaged. Both trees that we purchased are doing great!
21rst Century Schizoid Tree
After spending about a month getting acclimated, new growth has started to extend from what was essentially a 6 foot tall stick. It will be interesting to watch actual branches form and for the the ‘stick’ to fill out.
We bought 2 Crimson King Maples and they came really quickly and in great condition! Planting was easy and so far they are doing great! Thank you so much!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Though it's tolerant of soggy soils, Crimson Maples prefer well-drained areas. Once established, it tolerates droughts with little harm although infrequent, deep irrigation will help retain more foliage in extremely dry periods, especially in regions with hot summers. Select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
From there, dig a hole for your King Maple that’s 2 to 3 times the width of your tree’s root ball and equal depth. Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away from the planting site.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Crimson Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Be sure to water correctly - light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new Maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer will be suitable. Fertilize your Crimson Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy and once a month during the summer. Discontinue before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: When the leaves have fully matured, remove all dead or dying branches. Do this before you start cutting live branches; it will give you a better idea of what your tree looks like and how many of the live branches you’re going to need to cut. Decide which branches you’re going to cut before you start cutting. Look for large branches growing at narrow angles to the main trunk, branches that are rubbing others or branches that are growing inwards and crossing others. Remove the larger branches.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|