* Images shown are of mature plants
Unique. Deep Purple Foliage
Why Crimson King Maple Trees?
Regular Maples provide brilliant color in fall...but the Crimson King Maple Tree shows off its beautiful purple leaves fading to deep green, providing color all summer long. In fact, Crimson King Maples are known for their striking, rich purple foliage in colder climates, too, and are one of the few trees to give you excellent color in the Northern states.
And it doesn't matter what soil you plant your trees in because your Crimson King Maples will give you beautiful color anywhere. These trees will give you long-lasting color, shifting from a deep purple to a deep green and back to a brilliant purple in fall, hassle-free. Plus, the Crimson King Maple will give you dense shade, blocking the hot sun from your home and yard.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, your Crimson Maple will adapt to a variety of soil types and growing conditions without any effort on your part. But the top benefit is that you get healthier roots and more developed growth from the beginning - since we've nurtured your tree, long before it ships out, you get better results and success in your own landscape.
Don't wait to get this top tree...the Crimson sells out fast. Claim the Crimson King Maple Tree for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Though it's tolerant of soggy soils, Crimson Maples prefer well-drained areas. Once established, it tolerates droughts with little harm although infrequent, deep irrigation will help retain more foliage in extremely dry periods, especially in regions with hot summers. Select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
From there, dig a hole for your King Maple that’s 2 to 3 times the width of your tree’s root ball and equal depth. Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away from the planting site.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Crimson Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Be sure to water correctly - light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new Maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer will be suitable. Fertilize your Crimson Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy and once a month during the summer. Discontinue before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: When the leaves have fully matured, remove all dead or dying branches. Do this before you start cutting live branches; it will give you a better idea of what your tree looks like and how many of the live branches you’re going to need to cut. Decide which branches you’re going to cut before you start cutting. Look for large branches growing at narrow angles to the main trunk, branches that are rubbing others or branches that are growing inwards and crossing others. Remove the larger branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||40-50 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25-35 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Acer platanoides 'Crimson King'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Dealing with customer service
So far, your customer service has been good but the health of the overall tree is in question. Your customer service man is going to be calling me back in a few more weeks to check in on if anything has improved.
We look forward to hearing how the tree is doing in the next couple of weeks. We will have a replacement shipped if it does not recover but are confident that the tree is going to bounce back beautifully!
Great customer service. My 1st 2 trees were broken by fedex and they had new trees shipped to me with a few days. Easy to work with and beautiful trees
It was delivered happy and healthy! It was also delivered on time.
So far so good they’re still surviving
So far so good
So far it seems like it is doing well. It is watered every day and looks beautiful.