* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Loropetalum chinense 'Shang-hi' PP18331|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
An Enchanting Evergreen for Hedges, Screens, and Foundations
Looking for a plant with the whole package? The Purple Diamond Loropetalum offers vibrant flowers, year-round foliage, and unbeatable landscape versatility. A semi-dwarf Loropetalum, the Purple Diamond grows between 4-6 feet high, and 4-5 feet wide, a manageable size that makes it a favorite among homeowners.
The Purple Daydream Loropetalum excels when planted in groups as a short hedge, a low privacy screen, or a foundation plant. Beyond that, it’s the ultimate container accent that will thrive throughout all seasons. Although it grows in a mounded, upright shape, it tends to spill over containers and pots, lending a verdant, luxurious feel to your garden or entryway.
Bright pink ribbon flowers bloom in spring, shining against the deep purple, oval leaves. The Purple Diamond’s trademark color is present year-round, and plenty of sun will ensure a deeper shade of purple. The best part? The Purple Diamond Loropetalum is pest- and disease-free, and won't attract hungry deer, making it easy to keep your Loropetalum looking pristine.
The best part about your Purple Diamond Loropetalum? It's been grown and nurtured with care at our nursery, before it ships to you. That means you'll get a happy, healthy shrub that's ready to grow on day one - shipped straight to your door.
Don't miss out on vibrant, evergreen color in a neat, compact size. Get your Purple Diamond Loropetalum today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant the Purple Diamond Loropetalum at any time of the year in an area with full or partial sun. It prefers well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide as your plant's shipped container, and equally as deep. Place your Loropetalum in the hole, and backfill with soil, tamping down to remove air pockets. Water well after planting.
2. Watering: Water your Loropetalum thoroughly after planting, and keep watering your bush once or twice a week until it establishes. Be sure to mulch the roots if you live in an area with extreme temperatures.
When grown in hanging baskets or containers, you’ll need to water it more frequently.
3. Fertilizing: You can feed your Loropetalum with fertilizer after bloom to encourage fast and healthy growth.
4. Pruning: No pruning is needed, but the Loropetalum can tolerate heavy pruning if you want to shape it, remove dead branches, or conform with your landscape setting. Pruning is best done after the flowering season - avoid pruning in early spring or winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|