* Images shown are of mature plants
A Mediterranean Look with Aromatic Foliage
Why the Little Ragu® Sweet Bay?
Looking to add a Mediterranean touch to your landscape or patio? Look no further than the Little Ragu Sweet Bay.
A compact Sweet Bay with highly aromatic, deep-green foliage, the Little Ragu is an attractive addition to patios or entryways when planted in a terracotta pot. Planted in the ground, it can also shine as a small specimen tree, formal hedge or topiary. Sweet Bay shrubs are often used in pairs for a symmetrical look.
Its glossy foliage is evergreen, for year-round color. Mature leaves are a bright green, while new growth emerges a light lime green. Plus, with a natural pyramidal shape, it needs little pruning to retain its attractive shape. The Little Ragu Sweet Bay is low-maintenance and easy-care - once established, it's moderately drought-tolerant.
Even better? Dried leaves add a Mediterranean flavor to soups, stews and more. Dry the leaves and use them in any recipe that calls for bay leaves to experience their herbal flavor.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We've nurtured our Little Ragu Sweet Bay shrubs with care before they ship to you. That means you get good looks, easy care and proven performance as soon as your plant arrives at your door.
You get home-grown fragrance, evergreen beauty and more from our Little Ragu Sweet Bays...and you won't find that combination at a big box store.
Don't wait on this patio and landscape stunner. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When planting your Sweet Bay, find a location that offers full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). This shrub can adapt to a wide variety of soil types, as long as it drains well. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and slightly shallower than the root ball.
Hold the tree straight as you begin to backfill the site tamping down the soil as you go. Backfill the hole, apply water to settle the soil and remove the air pockets.
When selecting a container for your Little Ragu Sweet Bay, be sure it has plenty of holes in the bottom, as drainage is essential. The pot size should be 2 times the size of the one it initially came in.
2. Watering: Water your Sweet Bay regularly after planting and during the first year - once established, it can tolerate moderate drought. When watering, stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel for moisture. If the soil is drying out, water it until you see it escaping the drainage holes, or until your ground-planted Sweet Bay's soil is moist.
3. Fertilizing: Apply fertilizer as new growth emerges in spring. When fertilizing, a general purpose fertilizer (such as a 10-10-10 formula) is sufficient.
4. Pruning: Your Sweet Bay doesn't require much pruning. Just prune as needed to shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Laurus nobilis 'MonRik'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
It is doing well. I am impresses with all the products I have received from you.