* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||5-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Cedrus deodara 'Monkinn'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Unique Chartreuse Evergreen with Weeping Form
The Feelin’ Sunny Deodar Cedar is a stand-out dwarf evergreen shrub with unique, eye-catching color. Derived from the Blue Deodar Cedar, this cedar has chartreuse to lime-green foliage and a weeping form, perfect for making a statement in your landscape.
Dense with sun-kissed sprawling branches, the this Himalayan Deodar Cedar gets its name from its bright, uplifting appearance. This cedar is low-lying, spreading across its environment, but can also be trained into a more upright appearance.
Unlike Deodar Cedars, this cedar is compact, growing just 5-12 feet tall and 6-8 feet wide. That makes it perfect for large or small beds, rock gardens or groundcover between taller plants. Even better? You can add several Feelin' Sunny Deodar Cedars to show off its dramatic spread, or even plant it in a container on your patio.
- Don’t worry about pruning - this cedar looks great when you let it do its thing!
- Great as an accent plant, forming a strong contrast with taller, darker shrubs and trees
- Low growing - perfect for use in front of windows or surrounding patios
- Natural aromatic oil repels insects
- Long-lived, surviving 50+ years
Why Buy Feelin' Sunny Deodar Cedars from FastGrowingTrees.com?
Feelin' Sunny Deodar Cedars can add a bright touch to your landscape - and when you get your Deodar Cedars from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get proven performers that are ready to thrive as soon as they're planted.
Planted in nutrient-rich soil and nurtured with care at our nursery before they're shipped to you, our Feelin' Sunny Deodar Cedars have healthy root systems and better branching. Plus, this unique variety is hard to find at your local garden center or big box store!
Don't wait - add unique color and low-maintenance growth to your landscape. Get your Feelin' Sunny Deodar Cedar shrub today!
Planting & Care
Seasonal Information: Plant your Feelin' Sunny Deodar Cedar in the spring after your ground has thawed, or in the fall well before your first frost. You can also plant in summer, but be sure your shrub gets adequate water - Deodar Cedars are drough-resistant once established but will need consistent water after planting. The best time to plant is on a cooler, cloudy day. Since they do best in growing zones 7-9, they prefer climates with warmer winters and plenty of sunlight.
Location: Choose a location where your shrub has enough space to grow and spread. Make sure it can get full to partial sunlight, with little shade from other surrounding trees or structures. It can thrive in various soils, including sandy, loamy, clay, or slightly acidic, but be sure your soil drains well, as these trees do not like soggy roots.
1) Dig a hole for your shrub 2-3 times the width of the root ball and of equal depth. Amending your soil with peat, compost or manure will help it to drain better.
2) Remove your Cedar from its growing pot and place shrub in the hole, ensuring the top of the root ball is even with the ground.
3) Adjust your shrub's position to ensure that it is sitting straight and begin to backfill the hole, tamping down lightly as you go.
4) Once the hole has been completely covered, water your shrub deeply to settle the soil and help fill any air pockets.
5) Mulch around the base of your shrub to help conserve moisture in the soil.
Watering: These shrubs are drought-resistant, and once established, will be fine with occasional rainfall. Water during times of extreme heat and drought. These trees don't like standing water, so avoid over-watering which can lead to root rot.
Pests and Diseases: The Deodar Cedar produces an aromatic oil that naturally deters insects, so it is relatively pest- and disease-free. Giant conifer aphids can occasionally be an issue, but are usually not severe.
Pruning: These shrubs are low maintenance and require little to no pruning. Removing any dead or broken branches will be sufficient.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plant was very healthy. It’s is doing great so far . Impressed with the color and healthy of the plant